Complaint Review: Coast Dental

• Updated: Mon, May 20, 2013

• Reported By: Rich — Sarasota Florida
Coast Dental
5425 Fruitville Rd.-Suite 16 Sarasota, Florida USA

Coast Dental -Dr. David Krickl and Brenda Refusal to refund monies paid for non-performed services Sarasota Florida

*Author of original report: Refund shortage

*Author of original report: Additional information

My father, Richard O. Stover, on 4/11/13, paid Coast Dental $1,986.00 (upfront) to have his dentures replaced.  The services performed that day came to $93.00.  On 4/15/13, I informed Coast Dental that he had decided against the procedure and desired a refund of $1,893.00.  As of 5/20/13, we have received no refund even after writing letters to 5 representatives of Coast Dental, including the President, their legal department, the dentist involved, their office manager and their Customer Service Manager.  My father is a WWII veteran, 90 years old & has dementia.  The situation is causing him a great amount of stress and loss of sleep.  I contacted the Tampa Better Business Bureau and this company has had 448 complaints filed against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2013 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coast-Dental/Sarasota-Florida-34232/Coast-Dental-Dr-David-Krickl-and-Brenda-Refusal-to-refund-monies-paid-for-non-performed-1052289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coast Dental

Refund shortage

AUTHOR: Rich - ()

We received a refund of $1734.00 from Coast Dental which was $159.00 short of what was owed.  When contacted, the office manager stated that my father was being charged for "Chair time and the cost of taking an impression".  They are refusing to refund the balance due.

Additional information

AUTHOR: Rich - ()

On 5/20/13, I was finally contacted by the Coast Dental office manager, Brenda, who informed me that it is going to be an additional 12 weeks for my father to receive the $1,893 refund that he paid them on 4/11/13.  She asked for my father's credit card number, again, and I reminded her that I had given her that same information during our conversation on 5/6/13.  She said that she had no recollection of me giving her that information.  I have provided the Tampa Business Bureau of my problem with Coast Dental.  According to their website, they have received 448 complaints concerning Coast Dental.  Buyer beware.