Complaint Review: Coast Financial Services

• Updated: Wed, September 04, 2013

• Reported By: Lou — Upper Marlboro Maryland
Coast Financial Services
5330 Bloor Street Toronto, Ontario Canada

Coast Financial Services Received Bogus check because I won! Toronto Ontario Canada

On September 4, 2013, I received a letter (no return address) from Coast Financial Services.  The envelope said Royal Mail in the stamp area.  It said I was a 2nd prize winner in the second category of the USA Departmental Stores Sweepstakes Lottery held on Aug 10, 2013.  I had won $250,000.00.

Enclosed was a check for $4,685.00 which was deducted from my "winnings".  It would pay for my tax fees of $3,400.00.  I was not to deposit the check until I called claims agent: Steven Bass or Jessica Anderson at 1-778-387-0376.  I called Steven and he said to deposit the check immediately then call him back so he could process the rest of my money.

Before I did that I checked with my friends who told me it was probably a scam.  They check the Ripoff website and confirmed this whole thing is a scam. I did NOT deposit the check.

Beware!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coast-Financial-Services/Toronto-Ontario-M4C-6N4/Coast-Financial-Services-Received-Bogus-check-because-I-won-Toronto-Ontario-Canada-1081612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coast Financial Services