Complaint Review: Coast Spas

• Updated: Tue, September 11, 2012

• Reported By: Randy — Macomb Michigan USA
Coast Spas
6135 202 street Langley, British Columbia United States of America

Coast Spas Coast Spas Manufacturing Inc. Warranty worthless Langley, British Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Recalls are recalls, warranty is warranty

isnt worth the paper its printed on.
Coast Spa has by far the worst customer service in the industry-basically NONE.
Everyone that I have talked too that own a Coast Spa will say the same thing "Had a Coast Spa that kept burning motors out.
They replaced pump one after a 2-month wait after calling and complaining haft dozen times.
Few months later pump 2 went up in smoke and they gave me nothing but the run around.
Found out that there is a recall on the motors with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.  May 3, 2007  Release #07-177
Called Coast Spa and they told me I shouldnt have run the spa over 15 minutes at a time.
For peat sake I like to be in at least 30 minutes.
The motor said right on it, its made for continues operation.  Its doesnt say anywhere in the owners manual about run time restrictions.
The warranty company Mark 5 Spas was useless and only took my money and did nothing.
Coast Spa said tuff luck and wouldnt do anything.
Checked with the BBB and Cost spa has a D rating and Mark 5 Spa service has an F.
Coast Spas are nothing but junk and you end up fixing everything your self because the warranty
 Service is pathetic and the reps are flat out liars". The Spas look nice until you get
Them home and have any kind of a problem. They state they have a warranty but they
 Will not cover ANYTHING.
They shouldnt be allowed to import to the USA
Do a search on the web and you well see what a peace of junk they really are.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2011 02:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coast-Spas/Langley-British-Columbia-V2Y-1N7/Coast-Spas-Coast-Spas-Manufacturing-Inc-Warranty-worthless-Langley-British-Columbia-773156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coast Spas

Recalls are recalls, warranty is warranty

AUTHOR: JFrendt - (United States of America)

I am looking into purchasing a spa again - possibly my third Coast Spa.  Because of the purchase I am getting feedback for other brands but wanted to compare feedback to the brand I already own.  My Coast Spas have been great, their pumps worked great and I do sit in my spa for about an hour at a time.

I looked into a recall that was on pumps, some were in Coast Spas (just like they were installed in many other spas at that time).  It is a problem that they had almost 10 years ago and has been a long time since corrected.

My warranty was from Coast Spas, I am not sure who Mark 5 Spa Service is - it sounds like your dealer or service company.  I had to replace some things through the years, which was expected.  I had some things that were under the warranty like the LED lights and I had an issue with a drain valve not opening all the way after a few years.  My local dealer came out, fixed the issues and I was happy.  Once I had to replace a pump after 6 years (also expected) and I had to pay for it - I was given the choice of original Coast parts or aftermarket pump so I chose the Coast pump and I have been using it with no problem for over 2 years now.

I just feel like everyone should have their say - and I guarantee the manufacturer is not on this old site...