Complaint Review: Coast to Coast Auto Glass

• Submitted: Wed, July 14, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 23, 2010

• Reported By: Cheryl — Summerville South Carolina U.S.A.
Coast to Coast Auto Glass
1662 Savannah Hwy. Ste. 315 Charleston, South Carolina United States of America

Coast to Coast Auto Glass Synergy Management Inc. SCAM ARTSIST!!! Charleston, South Carolina

Charleston police issue advisory about solicitors from Coast to Coast Auto Glass
Published: June 29, 2010
Updated: June 29, 2010
0 Comments | Post a Comment
Buzz up!
Charleston police sent an email to neighborhood presidents, complex managers and crime watch captains Monday, advising them about Coast to Coast Auto Glass.
Sgt. Trevor Shelor says the department has received calls complaining about the company.
Officially, I can advise that these solicitors do not have the required City of Charleston Peddlers Permits a system put in place for consumer protection including a criminal background check- required of any persons wishing to sell door-to-door. Be suspicious of ANY person soliciting door-to-door, do not open the door to strangers, said Shelor.
Google searches bring up several articles warning consumers about this company.

This was copied from a cautionary warning aired on Channel 2 News. Be it at my work place, or around my subdivision, the name "Coast to Coast Auto Glass" is mentioned with extremely high warnings. I know of 3 people in my subdivision who had them replace their windshield, and 2 out of the 3 encountered numerous problems and could get no help from these horrible scam artists. At one time, I honestly felt sorry for the people who worked/works for this company, but knowing all the negativity that this company brings to the table, and to still work for them, I no longer can feel sorry at all. As luck would have it, while at home, I was confronted with a sales person from this fraudulent company. I listened to everything he had so say, and I have to admit, he was a very smooth talker, but when I excused myself to go into my home, (using the excuse my insurance card was inside), and upon returning, I politely stated that I had called the police. I wanted to see what his actions were, and I did. Once I told him I called the police, the sales person immediately departed up the street, almost in a full run. That alone has now confirmed all the negative talk about this company to me. If they were legal, why would he have to runaway?

Just last night, we had a meeting for our Home Owners Association. The main topic was to inform everyone in the subdivision and at our work place about this company. I wish everyone throughout the Greater Charleston area would join forces and force this scam of a company to close their doors for good. I for one do not have any problems with anyone making their living by going door to door, but I do have a major problem with this company who seemingly prides themselves on extremely poor publicity. We have way too many grade A glass shops here in our own backyard to have to deal with a company who has generated more negative publicity than they are actually worth. When I googled this company, I must say I wasn't all that surprised to find nothing positive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2010 02:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coast-to-Coast-Auto-Glass/Charleston-South-Carolina-29407/Coast-to-Coast-Auto-Glass-Synergy-Management-Inc-SCAM-ARTSIST-Charleston-South-Caroli-622957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coast to Coast Auto Glass