Complaint Review: Coby Electronics/Android Services

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: Loraine — Stanton California
Coby Electronics/Android Services
Internet USA

Coby Electronics/Android Services COBY ELECTRONICS/TABLETS WARRANTIES ARE RIP OFF! TAKE YOUR ITEM & NEVER RETURN! Internet

I purchased my first Coby tablet http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0093XTHIG/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I decided to not spend too much on a tablet cause I just need a simple one for internet use and watch youtube videos. I read some reviews on Amazon which is where I purchased it on March 23, 2013. I figured Coby is a simple good tablet I could use. At the beginning it was working fine, but I had issues with connecting WIFI in my home.

I would be literally nearby and it doesn't connect. Then Youtube was working fine for like a 2 months then I couldn't watch any videos on Youtube, it keeps uploading forever. I called the number (877) 302-2629 spoke to a live rep he told me my tablet covered in warranty 90 days. He told me to send money order for the amount of $15.00 with receipt of purchase, my name address, phone number and send the tablet to the address Coby Consumer Returns 989 E 233rd St Carson CA 90745. Rep stated 4-6 weeks for delivery.

So I waited patiently now it's already August 27th, 2013. I tried called that number but it keeps telling me to refer to the website. I emailed numerous times and no response at all. I even got desperate sent a hand written letter to the Carson address but it was returned to me stating on envelope "return to sender refused unable to forward." That's when I got really suspicious so I had my friend googled and did some research and found tons of complaints on here. So please to anybody do not purchase any Coby electronics at all. I learned my lesson but I did complain to Amazon and I just think of this as a lesson. Not only did I lose money but my tablet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coby-ElectronicsAndroid-Services/internet/Coby-ElectronicsAndroid-Services-COBY-ELECTRONICSTABLETS-WARRANTIES-ARE-RIP-OFF-TAKE-Y-1079438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coby Electronics/Android Services