Complaint Review: Coca-Cola Raffle

• Updated: Tue, November 11, 2008

• Reported By:Bay City Michigan
Coca-Cola Raffle
Barrister.ruthwinston@Yahoo.co.uk Internet United Kingdom

Coca-Cola Raffle Scam, trying to get you to send money, sounds believable London Internet

On Fri. Nov. 7,2008, I received an E-mail stating that I had won $450,000 on a raffle sponsored by Coca-Cola. I had participated in a survey (for real) and when finished, it said that I was entered into a raffle for participating.

About 2 months after taking the survey, I received the E-mail saying I was one of 20 winners of the raffle. It gave my ballot, ticket, and winning numbers. It looked legitimate with the Coca-Cola banner and trademarks.

The next day I received an E-Mail from "Ruth Winston; Barrister" stating if I send them $469, they will be able to send me my check, and it will be "secured," or if I'd rather, I could fly there, on my money, and pick it up in person. If Coca-Cola(not) was able to give away $450,000 to 20 people, I'm sure, since they are a very big corporation, they would pay to send it to you themselves.
Beware of scams like this one, they do look believable.

Janine
Bay City, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2008 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coca-Cola-Raffle/internet/Coca-Cola-Raffle-Scam-trying-to-get-you-to-send-money-sounds-believable-London-Internet-390240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coca-Cola Raffle