Complaint Review: CodePoint Creative

• Updated: Wed, June 04, 2014

• Reported By: Quynh — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
CodePoint Creative
37 North Orange Ave, Suite 910C Orlando, Florida USA

CodePoint Creative Timothy Lee, twitter: #codepointcreate Will Not Pay You for Graphic Design Services Orlando Florida

I was contracted by Timothy Lee for design work in March of 2013. Timothy compensated me for a rush design job for a project called Aesel App. The same week, he contracted me for another rush job on a proposal template. In our design agreement document, he outlined that payment would be sent 15 days after an invoice was recived. After many excuses of why we had not received his payment yet, he finally sent a PARTIAL payment via FedEx in May (2 months later!). When confronted about the partial payment, he said he would send the remaining payment in another couple weeks. I told him this was unprofessional and well out of the scope of the contract. His response was rude and unsympathetic.

In April, I was contracted for another job to design a website (hompage and subpage template) for $300 for his server business, Zeneva (http://www.zeneva.net/). [continued below]....

..... He did not like the designs. Instead of compensating me for the time spent on the design, he "rewarded" by giving me another chance to design the homepage and subpage for a company called Icon, a specialty coatings company (http://iconspecialtycoatings.com/). Yes, what you see live on the icon website is my graphic design work that Timothy got someone else to develop and still didn't pay me yet for it.

By May, I realized this client was a scammer and I accepted that I will never get my $363. I had Timothy's contract looked over by a lawyer and he said this is a lost for me because these documents would never hold up in court.

During this 2 month period, Timothy would also reach out to me for "quick" favors. Since I am a believer in creating long term working relationships, what will a quick website banner hurt? He would ask me for favors such as creating Facebook artwork for a company in FL called Amigos Car Rental (https://www.facebook.com/eventosamigoscarental) to flyers looking for a friend who went missing.

This man is good. He will beg, plead and play on your guilt to get what he wants, but the moment tables are turned and you need him, he is rude, effortless and unsympathetic.

When a client tells me that he was evicted from his home, in the hospital, or screams at me to stop calling him for my payment because he's too busy installing 70 servers for a client in Las Vegas, as reasons on why he can't pay me, I have no problem reporting him to organizations like Ripoff or the Better Business Bureau.

I learned my lesson and will never releases files to a client again until compensation is received. If you've been scammed by this person, I encourage you to file reports all over the web to prevent others from falling to the same situation. My next step is to report him to Florida's Attorney General's office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CodePoint-Creative/Orlando-Florida-32801/CodePoint-Creative-Timothy-Lee-twitter-codepointcreate-Will-Not-Pay-You-for-Graphic-Des-1106493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CodePoint Creative