Complaint Review: Cofiroute USA

• Submitted: Fri, April 29, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, April 29, 2011

• Reported By: Victimized MnPASS User — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
Cofiroute USA
2055 Lilac Drive North Golden Valley, Minnesota United States of America

Cofiroute USA Cofiroute, MnPASS, Mn/DOT, Minnesota Department of Transportation Declined Credit Card Fee - Poor Customer Service - Account Billing Problems Golden Valley, Minnesota

Cofiroute USA handles transactions and customer service for the Mn/DOT MnPASS program, which is the HOV lane program in Minnesota (35W and 394).  I've been using my MnPASS for over three years, and was recently charged a $25 "declined credit card fee" because my credit card information was used fraudulently and they evidently couldn't use my credit card.  But Cofiroute should have still been able to charge the card because they were a recurring transaction -- and my bank confirms they didn't even attempt it.  Instead, they decide to charge me a $25 "declined credit card fee," and not request that I update my information.  I got a letter AFTER they charged the fee, and immediately updated the information.  It's an extremely unethical practice to lie about contact attempts and not contact me until after the fact.

I spoke with Laurie, who refused to provide me her last name, e-mail address or phone number, and she was not at all helpful.  I explained to her Cofiroute's error but she insisted that they attempted to contact me via e-mail.  But her e-mail address on record didn't match the ones they e-mail my statements to -- FAIL!  She said they didn't call me, then changed her story to say they called me several times a day, but she admitted that they use an autodialer and she doesn't really know if I was called or not.

All I want is for Cofiroute USA to refund me the $25 fee they charged -- my account was in good standing with a positive balance, which they just charged an arbitrary fee to.  I've already been a victim once, and now Cofiroute and MnPASS are making it worse.  I've spent hours on the phone and writing e-mails trying to get resolution and I only deal with rude representatives.

MnPASS is a great service that I'd love to continue supporting, but I will not tolerate being victimized, talked down to and stolen from, in my opinion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2011 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cofiroute-USA/Golden-Valley-Minnesota-/Cofiroute-USA-Cofiroute-MnPASS-MnDOT-Minnesota-Department-of-Transportation-Declined-C-723772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cofiroute USA