Complaint Review: Cogeco

• Updated: Thu, November 26, 2009

• Reported By: Hades — Cornwall Ontario Canada
Cogeco
Office of the President 950 Syscon Rd Internet Canada

Cogeco Cogeco Cable Canada Inc. purposely frustrates customers until they give up Cornwall, Burlington, Canada, Internet

Hello, I am not receiving my usage notifications via email. I have put my email address in my profile and and I still do not receive them. I would like to be able to manage my usage with this email support asap as I am approaching my limit. Thanks, Mr Consumer ____________________________________________________ Hello Mr. Consumer

Thank you for taking the time to contact Cogeco Technical Support

We will only email HSI usage information to a " cogeco.ca " email account. For security reasons these emails will not be emailed to any other account. Please call us and either get the password reset for the
mailto:mleger5@cogeco.ca   or if you already know the password, please login to this email address to get the HSI usage notifications.

Best Reagrds,
  Cogeco Technical Support _________________________________________________ I am still unable to access my webmail. [continued below]....
..... This problem is now ongoing for several days. I called yesterday and spoke with someone in technical support who wasn't exactly helpful. He reset my password to "123456" which didn't help much because I still cannot log in. I need this corrected now in order to properly manage my usage and I have found the lack of support so far to be very unsettling. I am not allowed to use my personal email for these notifications and yet the webmail is not working....... Now I have gone over my limit and it is clearly due to the fact that I am not getting a proper notice. Working people do not have time to check their usage every 5 mins in the account management, we rely on the emails. Please correct this ASAP. Due to recent problems I have had with Cogeco, I am strongly considering going with one of your competitors... Unsatisfied customer, Mr Consumer ______________________________ ______________________________  Thank you for contacting Cogeco Technical Support regarding your Internet service issues. We appreciate the opportunity to help you resolve them. From what you have described, we feel this would be best handled by one of our Technical Support Representatives. A Technical Support Representative will be able to perform live troubleshooting to perhaps resolve the problem during the call and ensure that important information is noted should it become necessary to schedule an appointment for a service technician to visit your home. Please call 1-866-774-8888, and select the appropriate menu option for Cable Internet. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for your convenience. Thank you for your patience. Cogeco Technical Support ______________________________ ______________________________ Thank you for the automated message. It's sad and upsetting to see that a major company such as yourself does not even have time to personally reply without copying and pasting useless information. If you have a retention department this would be a good time to let them know I am in the process of switching companies... You have not taken the time to read my email and address my concern when I have clearly stated that I called and wasted my time with technical support yesterday only for them to tell me it is a problem with the system. And yet today, I am still having the same recurring issue. Do the words "unsatisfied customer" mean anything to you? Or has genuine customer service completely disappeared from the world because it certainly is not present in your company. I am a paying customer and as such, it is people like me who keep your company afloat and provide your employees with paychecks. All that I am asking for is what I'm paying you for: SERVICE and I'm not getting it. I will be submitting formal complaints against everyone I have dealt with so far who has neglected to help me and gave me the run-around, including those of you in internet support that I have communicated with so far via email. Thanks for nothing. ______________________________ ______________________________
Dear Mr Consumer
   Unfortunately, for security reasons, we cannot divulge password information via e-mail. Please contact us at 1-866-774-8888 and one of our internet technical support representatives will be able to reset the password for you. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for your convenience. I did call your home to see if I could catch you. I left you a voice mail. Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience. _____________________________________________________________ At this point I had had enough and began the process of submitting complaints. BUT I encountered several problems at this stage as described below: The formal complaint form found at: http://www.cogeco.ca/cable/on/en/customersupport/contactus/making_a_complaint_form.html was completely useless as it would not let me continue passed a certain spot because it claimed I had not made a selection when in fact I had. It can best be described and explained on the screenshots I have provided. I am convinced this is done purposely in hopes that customers will get frustrated (as I have) and just give up on their complaints and in essence, allow the company to win. After this option was used up, I escalated my complaint to the CCTS (Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services) which was also a dead end. After submitting a lengthy discourse of my experience, I clicked on the SUBMIT button and the page just loads endlessly. This is not a browser problem as I have had the same thing happen with Internet Explorer and on another computer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2009 05:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cogeco/internet/Cogeco-Cogeco-Cable-Canada-Inc-purposely-frustrates-customers-until-they-give-up-Cornwall-529154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cogeco