Complaint Review: Cohen's Fashion Optical

• Reported By: Carla — New York New York United States of America
Cohen's Fashion Optical
130 West 57th Streeet New York, New York United States of America

Cohen's Fashion Optical took advantage of me New York, New York

I went to Cohen's Fashion Optical in June of 2011, for new lenses and glasses.  I had gone to them  before so I figured it was a good idea.  The "DOC" told me the lenses i was wearing are outdated and we needed to try disposable lenses.  He gave me some trials and took my perscription for glasses.  I put the trails on and the right one was not working right.  so we tried some more.  We found a pair that worked so I ordered them, paid in full cash $249.00 and for my glasses $350.00.  I went back to my office and started getting head aches. I returned the next day and told "Doc" , we went through so many pairs, then he said he could find a company that would specially make my lenses to fit my cornia, it would take 3 week, so I waited.
when I finally got the lenses the same thing happened and they said I need to get used to it - I told "DOC" how would you like to constantly feel like something was in your eye. So they sent them back, now we are bordering October and they are still playing games with me.  So finally I told "Doc" and Isabelle who took my order in the first place - I want a refund.  she said no refund and she would have to call her supervisor.
I filled out an oline complaint -
I got a call from a women named "CARMEN"  who claimed to be the district manager, but really the number she gave me was the store in Bayside, NY.  She said she could send me trials to help me find the right pair-  COME to find out she is recycling lenses from the original place, thinking I am stupid enough tnot to know.

I called today because I want my money back and she said she could give me store credit - I told her why would I want store credit- nothing in your store works.

I Have filed with the department of Comsumer Affairs, Attorney General of New York and Complaint Dpartment of New York.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2011 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cohens-Fashion-Optical/New-York-New-York-10019/Cohens-Fashion-Optical-took-advantage-of-me-New-York-New-York-805401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cohen's Fashion Optical