• Report: #204268

• Submitted: Wed, August 02, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, August 17, 2007

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Coit Carpet Cleaning
9001 Spring Branch Dr. Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Coit Carpet Cleaning ripoff Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: Rust Remover

Enquiring minds want to know. Why do they have several phone numbers, for differant areas around town, when they only have one office? Do they want the public to think they are on every street corner? Why do they call thier cleaning equipment. STATE OF THE ART? It runs with a no. 4-6 Roots, or suterbuilt blower.(for vacume),and a water pump, just like almost the same as everyone in the business. Should I mention a very common unit that several companies use. HYDROMASTER? Most of all of these units That most all companies use have the same principals from over 20 years ago. What about the so called ads about delicate area rug cleaning by hand? B.S! Most all are cleaned in the plant on a plywood deck, just like wall to wall carpet! Now we are getting to the good part! Why would a company give oline cleaning instructions to a inexperienced homeowner? This is something I would never do! If you see instuctions using dish washing liquid, you better think twice! You will ad a major problem on top of a minor one, leaving a sticky residue, causing reappearing spots. Instructed to use a DRY CEANING FLUID on your carpet? Think twice again! Dry cleaners are a petrolium base cleaner. This can easily desolve the glue that holds your carpet together, thus falling apart. I really like this one! (RUST?) Yes! Rust removers Can be dangerous! But they are (NOT EXPENSIVE AT ALL!) Go to (((ROR redacted compeititors name))), look on the back label. If it says HYDROFLOURIC ACID. You have the right animal. Approx. $2.00 a bottle. Thank Yall for this Educational Moment!

Roger
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2006 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coit-Carpet-Cleaning/Houston-Texas-77080/Coit-Carpet-Cleaning-ripoff-Houston-Texas-204268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coit Carpet Cleaning

AUTHOR: Roger - (U.S.A.)

Back in the early 90's I used to work for this company, and left with very bitter feelings finding out that things change. Just like people, we all make mistakes, and companies do too. I have been in the carpet cleaning industry along time, and we all know each other just like all of the wrecker drivers know each other. It's like a small town. If someone screws up, everyone knows about it.

What I may have posted in the past is water under the bridge, and I bury the hatchet. I can't take my feelings and hold them against people that were not there at that time.

Recently I have been in contact with some of the longtime employees, finding out that things have changed alot, and everyone is happy. I have also discovered that one of my ex coworkers is now the general manager, wich is a good thing because we all walked the same path through the years. Coit is a very large company, and just like other large companies can hire a manager that can disrupt operations by abusing it's employees, and causing problems in moral. When employees are happy they will go the extra mile for you.

Now I believe Coit is on the right path keeping employees, and customers happy just as I remembered when I was first hired.

Rust Remover

AUTHOR: Roger - (U.S.A.)

Let me reword that. Rust removers containing hydroflouric acid are available at most grocery stores cheap. approx $2.00. Do not use hydrochloric!