Complaint Review: Coit Carpet & Drapery Cleaning

• Submitted: Tue, March 29, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 29, 2005

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Coit Carpet & Drapery Cleaning
www.coit.com Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Coit Carpet & Drapery Cleaning ripoff, loyal, high pressure sales long time experienced employee "fired!" Houston Texas

Back in the early 90's when coit was in it's hay day. I use to work with some of the best carpet cleaners in the industry. Our general manager was K.C. O'Hanlin. He was one of the best managers I knew. He took damn good care of his employees, and he damn sure knew what he was doing. But after 1993 things began to change.

Keep in mind that I worked for this company for about 7 years as a cleaning tech in the field. After K.C. left the company, things turned for the worse. I worked for the company for 7 years without a vacation. I was there when no one else was available. I worked so much that my heart gave out at a customers house. I went in to atrial fibrilation for about 18 hours. (I took a week off.) On another day I broke 2 bones in my hand,(withen a few hours I was at work again.)

After about three managers, the abuse was getting worse. They worked me so much I thought I was goig to die! In spite of all of the problems. I took damn good care of my assigned customers. I had so many repeat customers. That I was running a business, within a business. They called me the richest man in the company, and they even made jokes about giving me my own phone line. Keep in mind that all carpet cleaners work off of commission. The last GM that I worked for Actually took us out in the parking lot and told us that if we did any little thing to tik him off, that he would starve us out.(Doing minimum charge jobs, all day all over town.) UNDERSTAND? They ran alot of people off with this tactic. But not me. I had so many repeat customers asking for me, that it did not affect me.

So they had to come up with a good excuse to fire me. And they did. a few years after I left, and I don't remember the mans name. Coit, Houston Had one of thier cleaning techs die of heart failer in a customers home. I have 28 years experience in this industry, with my own form of strick ethics treating people, and customers the way I would want them to treat me. you as a consumer should check out the BBB in houston and wonder why they have not answered complaints. And I will be posting more about the way this company, and others that operate in this manner.

Roger
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2005 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coit-Carpet-Drapery-Cleaning/Houston-Texas/Coit-Carpet-Drapery-Cleaning-ripoff-loyal-high-pressure-sales-long-time-experienced-em-136852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coit Carpet & Drapery Cleaning