The installation of my laminate flooring, 1000 square feet, was a disaster. I had the installation set for June 29-30th. When I walked through my door on 6/30 to see the completed job, this is the disaster I walked into:
1) Furniture not moved back to it's original spot. We're not talking a little bit off, we're talking items just everywhere. Glass tabletops were literally laying in the BATHROOM.
2) Master closet was not complete. No one even advised me that it was not completed before I arrived home. It was presented to me as if the job was completely done, as if they were trying to swindle me. (materials were ordered after I got on the phone the same day, and closet was completed 7/16)
3) Black junk (dirt) was on my new paint job on the walls, and on the doors leading into the bedrooms. I took photos before cleaning them.
4) Debris and dirt was EVERYWHERE. No effort was made to clean up...not even remotely. Not even running a vacuum through the house. It was truly disgusting.
5) My $200 down comforter, with a $200 cover was jammed in the bathtub/wadded in a ball, along with the silk bedskirt that goes on the bed
6) Electronic equipment was laying around the master bathroom
7) Dresser in guest room- 2 drawers are broken
8) Dents in wall- This is a new paint job that cost around 1700.00. It was obvious when the headboard of master bed was put back, and there was a dent in the wall right in that spot, that they just jammed the furniture into the wall
Since then, the following has occurred after the BBB contacted them:
On 9/8/05, after 2 cancelled appointments to come out and correct the flooring, the crew from Coker Floor Co. that Jeff Fulton picked came out to my house. The head of this crew determined that there was a leak in my house, without plumbing experience, and declined to correct the flooring.
The next day, today, I hired a specialist who was recommended to me to run tests for leaks. I requested all tests be done, I paid additional for the basic test to be done twice (to determine whether there are leaks in the walls) and I paid extra to have a drain test done.
These tests, and the invoice is attached, shows there is not a leak in the wall or the foundation of my house. This test cost me $197.50 and a day off work. This specialist felt that the small amount of dampness was from condensation or something else.
So, right now I am out the 6000.00 I paid for my flooring, I've paid an additional 200.00 for a leak expert to come out and tell me I do not have a leak, and I'm unable to get a return phone call from them. Someone at the BBB advised me to call the Attorney General because they're at a loss as well!