Complaint Review: Cokers Transmission and Auto Repair

• Submitted: Mon, November 25, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, April 08, 2010

• Reported By:El Reno OK
Cokers Transmission and Auto Repair
2537 SW 29th Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Cokers Transmission and Auto Repair ripoff business from hell the business that doesn't give a damn Oklahoma City Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: new management at Coker's Auto Repair

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ripped off my company ..we did rebuild his transmission, he pulled it out and we did a bench job, he installed it himself

I called Cokers Transmissions for a quote on rebuilding the transmission in my truck. I was quoted $950.00 for a rebuild with a six month, six thousand mile warranty. I took the transmission in for the work several days later. I called to check the status of the repair and was told that I needed to bring a "core" in or be charged an extra $250.00 because the planetary gears were shot.

I told them to put it back together and I would pick it up and take it elsewhere. The man then backed up and said let me talk to the boss. He came back on the phone and said the boss had included it in the original cost. Attempted ripoff #1. When I picked it up, I was only given a 90 day warranty with 4000 miles. After installing the transmission, the test drive showed that it slipped badly in the 3rd to 2nd downshift. I took the truck to Cokers the next day to have them look at it. Lewis (the boss) said it was the Throttle Positioning Sensor. I took it home and replaced it but it didn't solve the problem.

I have since pulled the transmission twice and taken it back to be fixed for the same problem. After the last time, I drove less than ten miles when the transmission locked in third gear and burnt up. The company is now saying that my truck is "possessed" because they never make a mistake. They now insist that the problem is in the computer although I have had the computer checked by a GM tech who says it is fine. I purchased a rebuilt transmission from GM last week and installed it this weekend and have had no problems with it at all.

Tom
El Reno, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2002 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cokers-Transmission-and-Auto-Repair/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma/Cokers-Transmission-and-Auto-Repair-ripoff-business-from-hell-the-business-that-doesnt-gi-36227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cokers Transmission and Auto Repair

new management at Coker's Auto Repair

AUTHOR: Amberly Hyde - (United States of America)

I can not respond to the specific complaint due to a complete change of staff since this incident. Coker's is under new management. I can assure that Coker's provides excellent customer service, superior workmanship and honors our warraties. Coker's Auto Repair has been in business since 1950. We are active in our community and are always seeking new ways to improve customer service. We value our customers both old and new and look forward to another fifty years of service for the greater Oklahoma City area.

Amberlyhyde.cokers@gmail.com

Sales Manager

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Tommy - (U.S.A.)

This man needs to get it right, we did rebuild his transmission, he pulled it out and we did a bench job, he installed it himself, he had no clue on what he was doing. He brought it back because he didn't know you have to adjust the shift cable when you install the unit.

We adjusted it and it worked fine, on carry out units we give a 90 days warrentee, on the ones we install we give 6 months. He called us several months after his warrentee was out and wanted his money back. We told him no, we would try to help him but he had already bought another transmission.

Well he stopped payment on the credit card and got his money back, he drove our rebuilt transmission for several months and got it for free. He ripped my company off,so he forgot to menton that part that he ripped us off.