Complaint Review: Coldwell Banker Commercial - John Skicewiez

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — Tarpon Springs Florida United States of America
Coldwell Banker Commercial - John Skicewiez
5010 W Kennedy Blvd Tampa, Florida United States of America

Coldwell Banker Commercial - John Skicewiez Fre Schmidt, Vik Bangia, Jason Silfies, David Birmbaum, Jaye Love, John Skicewicz, Suncoast Holland Construction, Albert Disser, Elizabeth Disser Stolen security deposit, Misrepresentation of rental property, thieves, bad business practices, ripp off, scam Tampa, Florida

I rented an office building from Coldwell Bankers Commercial real estate agent John Skicewicz. John represented the Landlords Albert and Elizabeth Disser of Suncoast Holland Construction Inc. I was told by John that because the property was for sale I could only rent the offices for 3 months at a time. I agreed to pay 3 months in advance and a security deposit of $600.00 to secure the offices. At the end of the 3 months we decided to stay another 3 months and again paid up 3 months in advance. Then we decided to move out at the end of the second lease term and that is when the fun started. We left the offices in excellent condition, turned in all the keys and was told a walk through would be done on September 10th, 2012. 2 weeks went by and no word from anyone??? So I called John at Coldwell Banker to see what his intentions were in regards to the deposit. John said that I would not be getting my deposit back because I broke my month to month lease by not giving a 90 day notice. I explained to John that this was unacceptable and I was not going to lay down for it. John then hung up and would no longer take my calls. I then began to send emails and make phone calls to upper managment within the Coldwell Banker Offices in Tampa where John works. No one would respond or reply. Once I got to the top of the latter, I finaly recieved an email from Jaye Love, Managing Director. This email informed me that Coldwell Banker does not represent the Landlord in this matter and my issue needs to be directed to the landlord. John was the only contact I had with the rental property from the time I called the number on the sign until the day I moved out, 6 months later. The original lease agreement was a copy of someone elses agreement that was crossed out for me to sign. John said he would get it cleaned up and signed by the landlord and bring it back to me. That never happened. So in the end. The lease was never signed. The rent was paid in full up front for 2 consecutive 3 month terms and the offices were left spotless. The sad part of it is, the landlord just ignored me completly and Coldwell Banker now says they are out of the transaction. They both know it is only $600 dollars and the odds are I won't persue them because it costs more to chase it down then it is worth. My advice to anyone considering doing business with Coldwell Banker or Suncoast Holland Construction, Run-Run-Run!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coldwell-Banker-Commercial-John-Skicewiez/Tampa-Florida-33609/Coldwell-Banker-Commercial-John-Skicewiez-Fre-Schmidt-Vik-Bangia-Jason-Silfies-David-955174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coldwell Banker Commercial - John Skicewiez