Complaint Review: Coleanse

• Submitted: Thu, May 17, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, May 08, 2013

• Reported By: d.m.bee — Canada Canada
500-9000 Sunset Blvd W. Hollywood, California United States of America

Coleanse Cellan doesn't follow agreements, and charges credit card without consent. W. Hollywood, California

*UPDATE Employee: Coleanse Customer Care

*Consumer Comment: About my Experience

*Consumer Comment: I was confused as well

On March 29, 2012, I signed up online for a FREE trial of coleanse and cellan products.  I only had to pay the shipping for each item (2) which was below $20 in total.

A few days later, I received a phone call from a rep with the company, that went through the supplements and the program details.  I then realized that it included an auto-delivery, which I was skeptical of.  I told the rep this, and he explained that I had 16 days from the day the order was sent to cancel my subscription, consequence free.  He said if I do not receive the product within the next week, to call back, and ask for the trial period to be extended.  I then noticed that the cost was hefty for these supplements, and since I had a huge medical bill unexpectadly occur, I decided to cancel before I even received the products.

I called the company, and they offered me a discount, and a partial refund of what I paid for shipping, and they extended my trial period, and told me to cancel before April 24, 2012, and that my credit card will NOT be charged until after my trial period is over.

On April 18, 2012, I called the company, and asked them to cancel my subscription, since I was still in my trial period.  I reinerated the information I received from them, and they agreed.  I will not be charged anything, I will not receive anything, and that I may keep the FREE TRIAL, without paying for the product.  I also received a confirmation of cancellation email (which I have saved).  I felt reassured from the company that this was over, and I didn't have to worry anymore about my credit card being charged.

On May 6, 2012 I received an email that I needed to contact the customer support to change my credit card, because several attempts were made to charge my card which were declined (thankfully I put a hold on my credit card a week before).  I decided to call them as soon as I received my credit card statement.

On May 15th, I received my credit card statement, and noticed that on April 14, and April 16, 2012, they put through charges of $52.07, totalling $104.14.  I called them, and they argued that I did not cancel within my trial period, so I had to pay the fee.  Except, I did cancel my subscription during my trial period, and I have a confirmation email from them that states that exactly.  The customer service rep said that she will need to review all the information that was noted on my file with them, and she will call me back in regards to getting the two charges refunded.  I hope to hear from her tomorrow, and if I do not, I will definitely be calling them again.

I believe that they have to legally refund the two charges.  I also noticed that my credit card was charged within my trial period, which I was told would not happen.  Even on May 15th, the person I spoke with from the company confirmed that my trial period was extended to April 24th.  This company makes agreements with their customers, and literally lies, and breaches the agreement.  Companies like this need to be exploited and they need to have consequences for the fraudulent activities.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coleanse/W-Hollywood-California-90069/Coleanse-Cellan-doesnt-follow-agreements-and-charges-credit-card-without-consent-W-Ho-884304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coleanse

Coleanse Customer Care

AUTHOR: Customer Service - ()

Coleanse is dedicated to an extremely high standard of customer care and we are committed to wholly resolving any and all concerns that our customers may have about their purchase.  Our commitment to providing the highest quality service possible is reflected in the following policies:

- A risk-free 14-day trial.  We give our customers a generous trial period with the product so they’re able to try it before purchasing it.  If for any reason at all you’re not satisfied, please simply contact customer service and we’ll cancel your account to ensure that you’re charged nothing further.

Please note that while this is a free trial, it is not a free sample.   It wouldn’t be viable for us to send out thousands and thousands of free bottles every month, but we can offer a trial period on the product so there’s no risk for our customers and they have ample opportunity to try it to see if it’s right for them.  A large majority of our customers who take advantage of this free trial go on to take Colease month after month and they do so because they experience results.  It works.

These results are a reality of Coleanse’s key ingredients: a proprietary blend of Cascara Sagrada, Rhubarb Root, Cape Aloe, Flax Seed, Senna Leaf Extract, Slippery Elm Extract and Peppermint Extract, that was designed to detoxify your organs, increase energy, cleanse your entire system, reduce water retention, decrease gas and bloating, relieve constipation and smooth digestion.

Our corporate mailing address:

Coleanse 16 Bottles, LLC

PO Box 30816

Salt Lake City, UT 84130

Our website:

And lastly, please call us.  US and Canada: 866-981-8974, UK: 0800 046 1784, Australia: 1800 008 114, Ireland: 1800 937 092.  Our customer care department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we want to hear from you.

Thank you for your time, thank you for your interest in Coleanse, and we look forward to helping you achieve your weight loss goals.

Best Regards,

Coleanse, Corporate

About my Experience

AUTHOR: Anne J - ()

I also ordered this product, I want to say that my experience actually went pretty well. The product arrived pretty quickly, within 1 week. I tried for for 2 months and could not really tell if it was working or not. The main reason I had ordered it was for weight loss. I did loose some weight (3 lbs in 2 months), but I was working out at the same time. I decided to cancel, but not because I was not happy, just that I felt I could loose more weight by working out.

I was confused as well

AUTHOR: dieter - (United States of America)

I was confused too but then I called customer service and they explained to me how the membership worked. I told them that I misread the terms and could not afford purchasing
more monthly bottles even though I was losing weight. The customer service rep offered me a monthly
discount so now I can still take my Cellan. Just call them up, they are really helpful!