• Report: #620981

• Submitted: Wed, July 07, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 09, 2010

• Reported By: Bonnie — Salt Lake City Utah United States of America
Coleman America Allied Van Lines
3338 Briley Park Blvd So, Nashville, Tennessee 37207 Internet United States of America

Coleman America Allied Van Lines Coleman America Failed to do due diligence in protecting property in their care for moving. Result: my 32" LCD TV stolen from their warehouse prior to move Internet

*Author of original report: Coleman American Moving Complaint Resolved

*UPDATE Employee: Missing TV

Please warn others, especially the elderly, to beware of this company.  They do not take reasonable care of items put in their possession for the purpose of moving said items from one city to another.  In short I gave them my 32" LCD TV to move.  They failed to pack it in the box I provided and when it got to their warehouse, it got stolen.  They did not tell me this until several days later and then the Sales Rep I dealt with, David Voyles, did not contact me but rather the driver of the van said that my TV had been stolen and he wanted me to know before he got to my destination.  Now I was willing to take a chance on insurance for damage during moving but I never dreamed that the moving company would fail to protect my property when in their warehouse and would not assume responsibility for it.  They have insurance for theft but left me holding the bag for this loss at 60 cents on the dollar and then undervalued the item to pay less for the loss.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2010 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coleman-America-Allied-Van-Lines/internet/Coleman-America-Allied-Van-Lines-Coleman-America-Failed-to-do-due-diligence-in-protecting-620981. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coleman America Allied Van Lines

Coleman American Moving Complaint Resolved

AUTHOR: uthill - (United States of America)

Thanks to a very helpful Consumer Sales Support Manager, John Watson, I was able to recover the replacement cost of the 32" LCD Samsung TV that was stolen or lost  during my move.   Mr. Watson was more than just helpful, he went out of his way to contact me, which wasn't easy given my recent move and telephone change.

I have used Allied before to move and had no problems.  Now after the measures that Coleman Allied took to resolve my complaint, I would recommend them as movers that can be trusted and as movers who are responsive to customer's complaints.

Missing TV

AUTHOR: Matt B. - (USA)

We have become aware of the problem in regards to the missing TV and it appears to be a case of a misplaced item that we are currently investigating.  We have tried to contact the customer multiple times but have been unable to reach them in hopes of remedying this situation.  The customer is receiving an email with contact instructions in order to see how we can help with the issue.