Complaint Review: Coleman American Moving Services, Inc

• Updated: Thu, February 16, 2012

• Reported By: jwest44 — Oxford Mississippi United States of America
Coleman American Moving Services, Inc
7280 Graham Road, Fairburn, Ga 30213 Fairburn, Georgia United States of America

Coleman American Moving Services, Inc Allied Van Lines severe damage to furniture, lost dining chair and antique table, damaged home ( refused to reimburse for lost items and damages to home) Fairburn, Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Resolutions to Your Claims

Coleman American and Allied Van lines moved our household goods in 2011. They also placed these goods in storage for 8 months due to the fact that we were building a home. They quoted a price of $500 per month for storage. When I received the bill they had charged me $500 per month plus a "valuation tax" of approximately 30% or an additional $150 per month. This was never discussed  during the initial process. They told me that this was customary and I had to pay this bill or they would not deliver my household goods. I paid the bill in full. My total bill for moving and storage was approximately $17,000.

Upon delivery of our household goods, we had severe damage to several pieces of furniture. They were able to repair the furniture to our satisfaction. They also lost a Hickory Chair arm dining chair to our formal dining set. They also lost an antique octagon table, several Wii games, and many Christmas decorations. They put two holes in the wall of our new home, damaged the wood floor and scuffed up several walls that had to be repainted.

I purchased an additional $125,000 in insurance. Even with that, they are refusing to compensate me for any of the lost items or damage to our home.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2012 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coleman-American-Moving-Services-Inc/Fairburn-Georgia-30213/Coleman-American-Moving-Services-Inc-Allied-Van-Lines-severe-damage-to-furniture-lost-di-839666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coleman American Moving Services, Inc

Resolutions to Your Claims

AUTHOR: Matt B. - (USA)

We are sorry to hear about the issues you've had in regards to resolving your claim. We understand that Allied's Claims department was able to resolve a portion of the claim. It's also great to hear that the repairs you were offered turned out to be satisfactory.  We would like to help in resolving the remainder of your claim. If you will please reach out to Dori Bledsoe at Eagle Claims 800-239-1116. Ext. 151