Complaint Review: Collection Agency Service

• Submitted: Wed, April 13, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, April 14, 2011

• Reported By: Jeremy White — Orlando Florida United States of America
Collection Agency Service

Collection Agency Service Collection agency called "Collection Agency Service" collected on me. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Original complaint

*Consumer Suggestion: I would've

*Consumer Comment: Thanks for the laugh

This is a strange story, but since I don't want to reveal too many details to the world you can email me for more information. Basically I owed a lot of debts due to a divorce, I ended up owing about $50,000 in credit card debts, etc. I had the money of course and was contacted by this collection agency who actually talked me into paying my debt and convinced me that it would be the right thing to do. I was convinced by the end of the call that it truly was the right thing to do so I gave them the $50,000. Now why I'm writing this rip-off-report is because I have never been talked out of money like this before. Yes, I know I owed the debt, but I didn't intend to pay it and I feel like I was scammed magically into giving up this money. Most of the time a collection agency calls they are verbally abusive.. This was different. Anyways, I recorded the call and have a transcript I can email to you, so you know how they are very slick with the tongue and how they talked me into paying this debt, so if it happens to you you can avoid the situation all together.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2011 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Collection-Agency-Service/internet/Collection-Agency-Service-Collection-agency-called-Collection-Agency-Service-collected-717111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Collection Agency Service

Original complaint

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

I've gotta say that this is the first time I've seen a report about a collection agency saying that they were too nice and polite.   Maybe the other collection agencies should latch on to this new and revolutionary tactic.

To the OP :   Your complaint seems to be that you intended to stiff your creditors, but that theyse guys were so smooth that they talked you into honoring your obligations?    You feel like you were scammed?  Seriously?   You're funny!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I would've

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (USA)

I wouldve walked away from it!

Thanks for the laugh

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I didn't intend to pay it" You intended to rip off someone else but changed your mind so that is somehow a rip off? Do you actually believe that yourself?