Complaint Review: Collection Consultants of California

• Submitted: Wed, May 05, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, May 09, 2010

• Reported By: Marie — Mission Viejo California U.S.A.
Collection Consultants of California
6100 San Fernando Road Suite 211 Glendale, California United States of America

Collection Consultants of California Kaiser Permanente Charged for services after I sent proof of coverage. 3 years+ of collection calls and letters! Glendale California

*General Comment: I have said this before

With the responses I get when I have contacted this company, they might as well be run by robots and/or computers.

Since 2007, Collection Consultants has harrassed me for 2 months of services (1/1/-3/1/07) at Kaiser Permanente medical facilities. I had to go on permanent disability from my job in 2006 and it took months to get them to send payment to Kaiser for those last 2 months of coverage at Kaiser. They were going through a merger at that time and to get the right person to complete this was a nightmare. It was paid to Kaiser, but the right doesn't communicate with the left there, obviously.

I have sent, faxed and spoken on the phone with Collection Consultants to no avail.  I was covered for those 2 months and I sent them what Kaiser had given me to show that I was indeed covered for those 2 months!  I faxed and snail mailed this document 3 times last year alone. But they ignore it and keep calling me. Every time I have spoken with them or sent them mail, they respond by mailing me the entire invoice of each of those charges that add up to about $3200, which is now $4939 after years of interest they have added!  They have sent the copies 8 times at last count.

I have told them my only alternative is to name them as well as Kaiser in a lawsuit for harrassment and fraudulent credit reporting, etc, since I have done everything short of driving to their office (which would be a waste of time) This has severly damaged my credit rating and I am positive that I was refused housing last year because of this large debt on my credit report.

I wanted to file here for one last attempt to get this corrected before I file with the court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2010 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Collection-Consultants-of-California/Glendale-California-91201/Collection-Consultants-of-California-Kaiser-Permanente-Charged-for-services-after-I-sent-p-600531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Collection Consultants of California

#1 General Comment

I have said this before

AUTHOR: debtexpert - (United States of America)

Once again, any insurance/coverage you had at the time was a contract YOU had with YOUR INSURANCE AGENCY. NOT the hospital, NOT the doctor,  and certainly NOT THE COLLECTION AGENCY.

If it shows unpaid, the claim was denied for some reason, call the insurance company and see why it was denied, you should have been doing that since day one. The collection agency has absolutely no obligation to see why YOUR claim was denied.

Do this now, and next time it happens dont wait untill it goes into a collection agency.