Complaint Review: Collection Consultants

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: GretchenAnn — McDade Texas United States of America
Collection Consultants
PO Box 29050 Glendale, California United States of America

Collection Consultants Refused to Validate debt, violated Texas Financial Code and FDCPA Glendale, California

I had an entry on my Credit Reports I knew nothing about, from 2007. I disputed it with the Credit Bureaus and when it came back as verified I disputed it with the Collection Agency and send a Request For Validation. The sent me a bill and a letter stating that the entry would remain on my Credit Report, but the sent no validation. I did my research and found that by Texas Financial Code they are required to post bond and be registered with the Secretary of State here in Texas to conduct business because I live in TX, they are not. The debt occurred in California but does not change the Texas law.I also found that they are unlawfully attempting to collect on a debt that is past the Statute of Limitations (4 years) and also continued reporting eventhough they have not validated the debt, these are FDCPA violations. I contacted the TX Secretary of State who notified them that they are unlawfully practicing in a State that requires they be bonded and registered, I also file a complaint with the California Attorney general, and the Texas Attorney General- the Manager Jerry Parker, fraudulantly claimed to have validated the debt back in November 2012 and also claimed that he is legally attempting to collect on a California resident, denying all allegations. I called him and requested copies of all correspondence under the FACTA act, he refused, told me he was not sending me anything because I want him to send me a bill to further my cause, that the only thing I am getting from him is a hard time, and that I am a deadbeat and a thorn in his side for having filed a complaint against his firm with the Texas Attorney Generals Office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Collection-Consultants/Glendale-California-/Collection-Consultants-Refused-to-Validate-debt-violated-Texas-Financial-Code-and-FDCPA-988091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Collection Consultants