interference

• Reported By: VJ — Paradise California United States of America
Collections for Fingerhut
123 Lying Ave. Nationwide United States of America

Collections for Fingerhut Phishing Expedition Hades, Nationwide

Shortly after 8 this morning, took a phonecall from a woman with an east-Indian accent. I thought it was a telemarketing call for Fingerhut.
I've made a purchase from Fingerhut--- over 25 years ago--- and am no longer in need of their products. I told the woman that.
She was very insistent that I had a gold card with them and that as recently as 2002 I had made a purchase. Then--- the tip off--- she told me that the purchase had been made under my social security number and that payment was overdue.
Fortunately, I have a recent copy of my credit report and Fingerhut is not on it, either as a current debtor nor as a closed account.
I told her that she was in error and hung up.
Did some online research after hanging up and found the Ripoff Report website.
Her phonecall, apparently, is a phishing scam done by phone.
I only wish that I had paid more attention to the woman's name and the company she said that she was representing. But I had only had one cup of coffee by the time her phonecall came.   :)
NEVER give out personal information over the phone, folks. Just like with computers, you do not know who is at the other end of the receiver.
However, if you do owe a debt, be responsible and pay it.
Peace!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2010 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Collections-for-Fingerhut/nationwide/Collections-for-Fingerhut-Phishing-Expedition-Hades-Nationwide-582932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Collections for Fingerhut