Complaint Review: Collectorcarsandparts@yahoo.com

• Submitted: Fri, June 06, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 06, 2008

• Reported By:vancouver Washington
Collectorcarsandparts@yahoo.com
718 York St Quincy, Illinois U.S.A.

Collectorcarsandparts@yahoo.com Larry Brown ripped me off for $4000 Quincy Illinois

I found a 1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 on Larry's web site (VIN 607k02812) and contacted him for details. He said the car was in fair shape and that the engine had run a year ago and that he had "Turned it over by hand" not long ago.

After requesting additional pictures I though it was a fair deal and sent him $4000.00 and started looking into having it shipped. While working on shipping it to Washington I asked him to put a battery in it and crank it over to be sure it would be easy to get running.
He said it would not crank... long story short he took it to a mechanic and the mechanic said the engine is frozen and there is no way it was running one year ago.

I called the last registered owner, LOYD JACKSON (1 660 457-3918) and he said the engine had not run in many years and that Larry knows this about the car. I told Larry I want my money back that was 5 weeks ago and so far all I got is lies and bull s**t. I paid for this car 13 weeks ago and so far all I get from LARRY is bullshit, now he won't even return my calls
I FOUND THIS CAR FOR SALE ON ANOTHER WEB SITE, I GUESS HE WILL JUST KEEP SELLING IT AND RIPPING OTHER PEOPLE OFF. I am currently working on suing him and his partner DAVID EHRHART (1 217 223-7909) !!
He is a liar and a thief

Richard
vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2008 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Collectorcarsandpartsyahoocom/Quincy-Illinois-62301/Collectorcarsandpartsyahoocom-Larry-Brown-ripped-me-off-for-4000-Quincy-Illinois-337867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Collectorcarsandparts@yahoo.com