Complaint Review: Collector's Display Case Co.

• Submitted: Wed, January 26, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, August 26, 2011

• Reported By: Dawn — Purlear North Carolina United States of America
Collector's Display Case Co.
512 N Spruce St, Valley NE Internet United States of America

Collector's Display Case Co. Cheap display case at inflated price - Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Director of Operations

I bought my husband an old 1939 comic book for Christmas and wanted a display case so it wouldn't get torn. I found Collector's Display Case Company in Nebraska (usadisplay.net) from an online search.

They showed an acrylic case on their site that was described as "the nicest way to display your comics". The price was $42.69 including priority shipping.

When I got the display case, I opened the box to discover a cheap plastic picture frame that I can buy anywhere for less than $6. To make matters worse, the frame was cracked along one edge.

I sent an e-mail to their customer service dept. and their response was "we check all our items twice before they get shipped. Someone there must have broken it after you opened the package." When I complained about the poor quality told me I had to return it within 10 days of receipt and pay a 30% restocking fee.

Since I couldn't see the point of paying $10 to return it to get a $15 refund, I decided I would make sure no one else ever got taken by this HORRIBLE company. They DID change the wording on their website, now the cheapo $6 frame they sell for $25 is only descibed as a "nice" way to display a comic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2011 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Collectors-Display-Case-Co/internet/Collectors-Display-Case-Co-Cheap-display-case-at-inflated-price-Internet-687001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Collector's Display Case Co.

Director of Operations

AUTHOR: Collector''s Display Case Co. Inc - (United States of America)

This lady dropped the plastic case after she received it. This unfortunately happens but most people own up to their misfortune and simply reorder.