Complaint Review: Collector's Display Case Co.

• Submitted: Thu, April 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By: scottie340 — Orange Park Florida United States of America
Collector's Display Case Co.
512 North Spruce St. Internet United States of America

Collector's Display Case Co. USA Display Restock Fee Valley, Internet

I am returning a Military Coin display case, due to no fault of the company.  My wife actually purchased one for me as well when I returned from an over seas deployment.   When I go to return the one I purchased for her I discover that The Display Case Co feels it is necessary to charge a 30% restocking fee.  Now keep in mind this is a home business.  I find this out by Googling their mailing address.  The cost of the box is $395 , making it a 118 dollar "restocking" fee for something that is a little bigger then a shoe box.  It only cost me 30 dollars including insurance to ship this back to them. So there excuse of  having to accept the merchandise, inspect it, then ship it to one of their distribution facilities does hold water.   Yet, if I were to have made a purchase of 50 dollars I would only pay a $15 restocking fee? If you have any desire to purchase a display case of any sort think twice about doing business here.  Unless you know for certain that you will not be returning it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2012 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Collectors-Display-Case-Co/internet/Collectors-Display-Case-Co-USA-Display-Restock-Fee-Valley-Internet-874117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Collector's Display Case Co.