Complaint Review: College Book Renter

• Submitted: Mon, February 27, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 27, 2012

• Reported By: Voice for consumer rights — cibolo Texas United States of America
College Book Renter
3724 US Hwy 641 South Internet United States of America

College Book Renter CBR Extremely slow shipping, spammed email, charged late fees without notice of book being due, RUDE Internet, Internet

Ordered a book and had to wait a VERY long time for it to arrive. Several calls were made to find out where the book was at and why I hadn't received it. I had to email my instructor several times to get extensions. After book was received, the company continued to SPAM my email address with services and offers. I never received an email stating that the book was do and they charged my account for the book. No notice that they were going to do it, just charged it. I immediately contacted them to dispute this because it was without warning and told them about me not receiving the book on time. I was very nice to the lady and she kept side-stepping the answers saying they were in their "agreement" and "policy". I'm sure the policy does not say that the books will not arrive on time, we will spam you, then just charge your account without warning. I stated that if an amicable agreement could not be made, I would have to let other consumers know of their unethical activity, and that is why I am writing this. I have had great dealings with other companies who rent books, but this one, is just trying to get your money and not consumer friendly. BEWARE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/College-Book-Renter/internet/College-Book-Renter-CBR-Extremely-slow-shipping-spammed-email-charged-late-fees-without-845267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on College Book Renter