Complaint Review: College Education Services

• Submitted: Thu, July 05, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: Tina Vásquez — Pharr Texas United States of America
College Education Services
7650 Courtney Campbell Causeway,Suite 200 Tampa, Florida United States of America

College Education Services Deception instead of help Tampa, Florida

I paid College Education Services  $250 to help me lower my student loan payment to SallieMae, instead they filed a loan forgiveness application. What I was told the first time I called them was that they would send my loan to the Dept of Education and my payment would be as low as 1/3 of what I was paying. I didn't hear from them and when I called they told me about the loan forgiveness loan and they told me to call SallieMae. SallieMae told me they hadn't received anything. The next time I called they still hadn't recieved anything. It wasn't until I requested that College Education Services send it certified did they receive it. I think all this is a scam. I knew I didn't qualify for a loan forgiveness because SallieMae had already told me. College Education Services never told me they were going to do that. When I requested a copy of the apllication that was sent I received a blank copy of the application which I could get on the Internet myself. Like I said before they told me they would send my loan to the Dept of Education to lower my payment. I was so happy and encouraged when they told me that. Now I don't know how I'm going to pay my student loan.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/College-Education-Services/Tampa-Florida-33607/College-Education-Services-Deception-instead-of-help-Tampa-Florida-907256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on College Education Services