Complaint Review: College Laundromat - Charleston, SC

• Submitted: Fri, May 23, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, April 11, 2009

• Reported By:Central Florida
College Laundromat - Charleston, SC
226 Calhoun St Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

College Laundromat - Charleston, SC Lack of customer service "STOLE" landry items of mine, and then called me a liar Charleston South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: College Laundromat is a good place to do business.

I recently went to College Laundromat located at the interesection of Smith and Calhoun in Charleston SC. I took 6 lbs of laundry in, and was charged $9.00. I understand the reason for the high fee, due to a minimum number of lbs. I have no problem with that. What i have a problem with, is the fact that not all the items that I took there to be laundered were returned. I returned to the place of business and asked for them to look around. Not only did they refuse. they insulted my integrity by calling me a liar.

Somehow the conversation got to the fact that the guy was a fighter pilot for the Vietnamese Army. Not quite sure what that had to do with the fact that we were in Charleston, and my laundry was missing. Maybe he told me that to attempt to intimidate me. Fat chance. If you want your laundry stolen, and you integrity questioned, please feel free to visit College Laundry in Charleston, SC. However if you want your laundry back and a pleasant attitude to boot, go somewhere else.

These people stole from me, and then attempted to intimidate me by telling of "past" positions they held. I am pursuing legal action against this establishment for my lost items. Furthermore, I am attempting to get them blacklisted from all the local colleges, as I am sure that I am not the first one to have an issue with them.

Me
Central, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2008 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/College-Laundromat-Charleston-SC/Charleston-South-Carolina-29401/College-Laundromat-Charleston-SC-Lack-of-customer-service-STOLE-landry-items-of-mine-334513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on College Laundromat - Charleston, SC

College Laundromat is a good place to do business.

AUTHOR: Sc29403 - (U.S.A.)

I have been taking my laundry to College Laundromat for about a year and a half and have had no problems. I have never seen anyone else have problems in there either. Lately I have been doing my own laundry so I have been in there for longer periods of time as opposed to dropping and picking up. Never have seen or heard of a problem.