Complaint Review: College Network

• Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: Timbowski — United States of America
College Network

College Network Bernie Schroeder Scam company, practically robbery , Internet

My wife was a victim of them too. Call the school 1 (800) 39LEARN, a receptionist will answer, ask for Bernie Schroeder. He is who you need to talk to. I contacted my congressman about them, and finally was able to get ahold of Bernie(He doesn't return calls quickley, took 3 wks at one point to reach him).
The company has monthly board meetings, I pleaded my case with them, and told them I'd bite the bullet and let them keep what we paid, but let us out of the loan. The meeting took place 11Oct2012. I was told allow it 4-6 wks and my wifes account would be $0. Well, after talking with Bernie and him telling me the account was satisfied, I wouldn't get charged again, he lied and I was charged in December. Now, they claim it's taken care of yet the money they took from my wifes account still isn't refunded.
I received a letter saying they would credit the account $5,900, our balance was $5,000. Called the bank, they only deposited back to the loan $5000, so that $900 they are keeping. Assholes. Bernie is horrible.
The reason you have to call the school is because he won't give out his phone number. He works in Las Vegas, but the school office is Indiana. Weird. Takes a few months, but supposedly they are done charging us. Good luck!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/College-Network/internet/College-Network-Bernie-Schroeder-Scam-company-practically-robbery-Internet-980172. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on College Network