College Works Painting 1682 Langley Ave
Irvine, California United States of America
College Works Painting This looks fishy to me Irvine, California
*Author of original report: Call Amazon.com customer service
I'm only going to tell you what I observed in the presentation that I was given today and few things you should be careful about if you are thinking about working here. I don't know if the company is legit or not but I see a few red flags that would really persuade me from not doing business with them. I'm going to report the recruitment to the deans office because I don't think this is legit. here is why:
1) I get a phone call about a internship opportunity that uses the word management right away. I have management experience and right now I'm busy with a few other businesses right now. The way that get thrown out is a bait situation. I know the person told me that they could hire painters on craigslist and that might be true but they do want you do your own recruitment work. The phone call was placed at 7:30 pm and it was just about meeting about a summer internship opportunity.
2) The presentation I was given was in a food court on the college campus in the back of the dining room where no one else was around at the time. Most recruitment and internship hiring opportunities happen in a more public area with more than one company. The idea that this was conducted outside of that environment smells fishy to me.
3) They request door to door sales to get painting jobs done. They have some other suggestions as to how to go about doing this and they don't seem to care how you get them but the bottom line is you are probably going to be the one to hustle to get the sales on top of your homework.
4) I recognize the card I filled out during a orientation session at Oregon State but was this obtained under a different business name or a different motive at a booth? I don't know but I do know that when I fill out a summer internship opportunity card, I'm expecting to spend the summer working in an environment where I am not getting paid.
5) The business card I received today contains a long distance phone number with an Irvine California address, a cell phone number with an Oregon area code, and a fax number with a 714 area code. They do have licence number on the card but is it an Oregon one or a California one?
6) I have been duped by a few of these business opportunities before (if you look at my profile page). I'm probably a bit more older and wiser than the last company that burned me doing "independent sales work". My advise if it smells like a rat, it probably is a rat.
I would hope that you don't have to pay for the trip to Eugene to stay in a hotel and listen to the pitch the whole weekend and what happens if you can't meet a certain quota of sales calls? I wouldn't be surprised if you won't be painting during the summer for them.
I see four complaints on the company on this site. Are there going to be some more.
Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on College Works Painting
REBUTTALS & REPLIES:
1Author 0Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals