- Report: #836272
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: College Works Painting
College Works Painting1682 Langley Ave Irvine, California United States of America
College Works Painting This looks fishy to me Irvine, California
*Author of original report: Call Amazon.com customer service
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) I get a phone call about a internship opportunity that uses the word management right away. I have management experience and right now I'm busy with a few other businesses right now. The way that get thrown out is a bait situation. I know the person told me that they could hire painters on craigslist and that might be true but they do want you do your own recruitment work. The phone call was placed at 7:30 pm and it was just about meeting about a summer internship opportunity.
2) The presentation I was given was in a food court on the college campus in the back of the dining room where no one else was around at the time. Most recruitment and internship hiring opportunities happen in a more public area with more than one company. The idea that this was conducted outside of that environment smells fishy to me.
3) They request door to door sales to get painting jobs done. They have some other suggestions as to how to go about doing this and they don't seem to care how you get them but the bottom line is you are probably going to be the one to hustle to get the sales on top of your homework.
4) I recognize the card I filled out during a orientation session at Oregon State but was this obtained under a different business name or a different motive at a booth? I don't know but I do know that when I fill out a summer internship opportunity card, I'm expecting to spend the summer working in an environment where I am not getting paid.
5) The business card I received today contains a long distance phone number with an Irvine California address, a cell phone number with an Oregon area code, and a fax number with a 714 area code. They do have licence number on the card but is it an Oregon one or a California one?
6) I have been duped by a few of these business opportunities before (if you look at my profile page). I'm probably a bit more older and wiser than the last company that burned me doing "independent sales work". My advise if it smells like a rat, it probably is a rat.
I would hope that you don't have to pay for the trip to Eugene to stay in a hotel and listen to the pitch the whole weekend and what happens if you can't meet a certain quota of sales calls? I wouldn't be surprised if you won't be painting during the summer for them.
I see four complaints on the company on this site. Are there going to be some more.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/College-Works-Painting/Irvine-California-92614/College-Works-Painting-This-looks-fishy-to-me-Irvine-California-836272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.