Complaint Review: College Works

• Submitted: Sun, January 29, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 08, 2012

• Reported By: Barb — Green Lake Wisconsin United States of America
College Works
1682 Langley Avenue, Irvine CA 92614 Irvine, California United States of America

College Works A very unprofessional job, and did not fulfill the contract Irvine, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Our Apologies

My husband and I hired College Works Painting to do the painting of our 70+ old house last summer.  We thought we would be helping out some college students for summer jobs and  getting the job done at the same time.   College Works promised we would be getting a professional job, hence all of the painters hired had gone through training, or so they said.

College Works also promised power-washing of our house,  scraping,  priming, daily inspection, working on consecutive days, and  clean-up each night.   On a few occasions they all worked at least two or three consecutive days.  Most of the time it was only one to two painters working.
They came in and starting power-washing our house without doing any preliminary scraping.  The old paint was all over the plants, driveway, and walkways!

The painters would leave the buckets of paint, and the materials on our front lawn when they would leave for the day or for the weekend or for, in our instance, for the week. [continued below]....
.....   It was so frustrating we couldn't wait for them to finish the job!

The job was poorly done. My husband had to paint all of our storm windows because the lad that wrote the contract didn't realize that a house as old as ours had a set of screens and a set of storm windows!!!  He almost cried when we told him about the second set of windows he hadn't put in our contract.   By that time, we were so tired of their messes in our yard, we said we would the finish the job without them.

After they left the job, we spotted at least 13 things that were not done!  We called the company, and they STILL haven't gotten back to us.

Overall, the job was a horror story, it was expensive for the job thatwas done.  I would NOT, NOT NOT recommend this company to my worst enemy!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2012 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/College-Works/Irvine-California-92614/College-Works-A-very-unprofessional-job-and-did-not-fulfill-the-contract-Irvine-Califor-830766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on College Works

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Our Apologies

AUTHOR: CWP - (United States of America)

I just recently read the report on our company CWP and I am very disappointed in how we have treated you.  I don't presume to know the situation in detail, but I can say that what I read doesn't match what we are trying to represent and it certainly doesn't match our high customer satisfaction ratings.  Please contact the Vice President of the Wisconsin region directly.  Kyle Lindsey 217-369-5171.  I can't say we are perfect just that when a mistake like this is made we will do whatever we reasonably can to make it right.