Complaint Review: Collins Collge

• Submitted: Thu, June 02, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, June 02, 2005

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Collins Collge
1140 S. Priest Drive Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Collins College - Al Collins Graphic Design School Dishonest, Bad School, $10,000 mistake! Tempe Arizona

I too went to Collins in Arizona. My experience there was horrible and I will be paying for it for many years. My dream was (and is) to become a great designer.

I originally started out at a very prestigous school in NYC. I was only in school for two weeks then 9/11 hit. Days after that, I decided I couldn't handle NYC during that time so I looked for another school.

When I talked to Collins, they told me that they were a "Sister School" of the school I was in. WHO ARE THEY KIDDING? THAT WAS A LIE! My mistake was not to research further!

9/11 was on a Tuesday and by Friday I was on a bus headed to Arizona (mistake #2). I too was met by protestors. My gut feeling was to turn around, but I wanted a degree so badly. I too thought that those people probably just didn't put what was required into the program. But I knew I was different and I would.

I attended Collins for about a year. I had A's, pretty much if you showed up to class you got A's. The classes were not challenging and I was kind of ashamed to tell people where I was going to school.

Because of my shame, I decided to cut my losses. I quit Collins ($10,000 later) transfered to a reputable, four-year school, and am now a senior. I basically started over because none of my credits transferred. Yes, I am still making A's, but I am working so much harder for them and, most importantly, I am learning so much more than I ever would have at Collins.

When I think about Collins, I feel totally violated. The government should quit loaning money to students for schools like this.

I would definately be willing to join a class-action lawsuit!

Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2005 04:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Collins-Collge/Tempe-Arizona-85281/Collins-College-Al-Collins-Graphic-Design-School-Dishonest-Bad-School-10000-mistake-144784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Collins Collge