Complaint Review: Collins college

• Reported By: Tiffany — Chandler Arizona United States of America
Collins college
1140 South Priest Dr. Tempe, Arizona United States of America

Collins college : Lies and Apathy Tempe, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: The Truth About These For-Profit Scams!

*Consumer Comment: Cut your losses

It seems i've been going through the same thing at collins. But, i am currently a student there.
I did graduate my AA, and am currently going for my BA.
Before i went to collins, i looked at this school, and another school for film in AZ. When i went for a tour at collins, they dragged me in. made it sound amazing (How naive i was).
It may have had to do with the interview process (that's how my high school dragged me in, and ended up being a horrible school as well)

But, i'm currently dealing with a big problem at collins (everything up to now, i could deal with.)
In the film program, when you enter your BA, you have two options. you can go into the Production side (on set stuff), or the visual side (visual effects, graphics, editing, etc)

Now there were three students that wanted to go on the visual effects side, including myself. While we were in our last Main BA class before we were to branch off, the head of the department came over to talk to us. He told us that they didn't Have classes available for us. They needed more students, well; one more student. Since, they require at least four students before they will hire a teacher for a class. The entire time he was Hinting for us to switch into the Production side, the outright asked us. We said no, we came here to learn our future career. What good would it do me to apply for a Visual effects job, when i have no knowledge of the programs i'm supposed to use?

We decided to deal with it this time, and were told to take Gen-eds online. Which is what i am doing currently (Apr. 17 2011)

We were told that there were more students that planned on continuing that route after we had finished our gen-eds. I received a call from the head of the department recently, stating that that was no longer the case. Classes were still not available, because the students we were waiting for had dropped out. Also, the two other students that were in my class (waiting), decided they would switch to night classes; since that was available.

I, However can not switch to Night classes. I Do not drive, and there is a reason behind that. I have someone drop me off in the morning, on their way to work at 7am, then i am picked up at 430 when she gets off work. It would be pointless for her to go home, pick me up, take me to school, and then stay up waiting for me to get out of class so she can pick me up. Besides, i shouldn't have to Mess up my sleep schedule in order to go to a school that promised me morning hours.

Among this current problem; i have dealt with a lot at collins. But, i really didn't start to notice it until my BA year. The teachers will often lie about their resume, and take credit for work that they had no part in. Since they know the basics of editing; movies that they show, or short films, never show the credits. Nor, does that specific person have IMDB credits for it. A certain teacher would often tell students that they need IMDB Pro to look at his work. I have a friend who does, and Found out that he had in fact lied.

Also, i have had to deal with teachers who do not teach. They sit down at their desk, and simply say "Do this". When you ask them for help, (or to teach you how to do it, like they should be) they either tell you to ask a neighbor, Seek out tutoring, or they come over to help and say "i have no idea what you did, or how to fix this". For example, i had a class, and a teacher that was supposed to teach me how to use final cut (Editing program). He did what i mentioned above, and i had to seek help outside of school. Because, either my neighbors had no idea what they were doing, and there were no current Final cut tutors. So, i had to ask a friend (that graduated from Full Sail University) to teach me how.

I have brought this up to the school, and they have obviously done nothing about it. (or the teacher is a GREAT lier) Because those teachers are still working there, students are still having problems, still complaining, and nothing is being done about it.

I have heard a lot of bad things about collins college recently, and wish i would have researched more when i had decided to go to this school. One of the things is that a Collins college degree is equal to you writing on a piece of paper with a crayon that says "Graduate."

I Have no idea what i'm going to do at this point. A lot of schools wont accept Collins college transfers, either (so i have heard)

I Don't know if a lawsuit is called for,
If the school needs a stern talking to,

Or if i should just cut my losses, drop out and hope to find a school that will let me transfer?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2011 02:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Collins-college/Tempe-Arizona-85281/Collins-college-Lies-and-Apathy-Tempe-Arizona-718601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Collins college

The Truth About These For-Profit Scams!

AUTHOR: Lookin For Justice - (USA)

Everything you need to know about these for-profit scams is in this link:

Cut your losses

AUTHOR: just a voice - (United States of America)

Seriously, get out while you still can.  Go to another school!