Complaint Review: Colombia House And National Recovery Agency

• Updated: Fri, October 09, 2009

• Reported By: ED — Powhatan Virginia USA
Colombia House And National Recovery Agency
PO Box 67015 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania United States of America

Colombia House And National Recovery Agency National Recovery Agency Swindling cheating fraudulent basterds...should be a movie Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

I received a phonecall from a little ninny in PA about a month ago, who was from National Recovery Agency (from hell).  She told me I was being recorded and owed $92.01 for a delinquent Columbia House account.  I couldn't even remember doing business with the company, until I recalled my wife had gotten some DVDs...in 2003!!

Ninny told me that I needed to pay or my credit would be ruined, at which time I began bleeding from the eyes.  I may have been able to throw a small car...I was so enraged.  I'd made some credit mistakes when I was younger, had since rebuilt my credit, bought a house, had 1.8 kids, maintained my wife regularly, and all in all gotten on the right track.  Now Ninny...God Bless you...I'd break a commandment if God gave me the go ahead.

Like the norm, I told Ninny she wasn't getting a red cent, or she would have to pry it from my kung-foo ninja grip.  I got off the phone, pulled my Equifax, and discovered it was not on my credit.  Whew...maybe they can't put it on there because of all the hubaloo on the net.  Maybe someone did something, and they're not allowed.  BS.

Got another call today from the NRA...we'll call the collector Chester (the molest-her).  Chester says I owe money for Columbia House.  Since the last call, I'd contacted Columbia House, who stated they have no record an account ever existed with me, but that my account may have gotten sold to a collection agency.  They could not provide any records of my business with them.  They told me to call NRA.

I'd researched the problems with CH on the net, and discovered over a 100 pages on this site with complaints about the same issue.  I remember doing business with CH 6 years ago and recall specifically closing out my account with them on the phone.  Who keeps records like that for 6 years - I usually keep them for about a year.  I can't provide proof at this point of who I spoke with 6 years ago, but CH and NRA can not provide proof that the debt is legit.  They automatically win, and I paid with my debit card to avoid the certain credit repercussions.

Now, if this gets forwarded to an attorney, please consider a class-action against Columbia House.  I understand NRA is just the bearer of bad news, and I feel bad for the wrath that Ninny and Chester endured, but CH is deceptive and in my opinion, fraudulent.  I had not received a letter or a phonecall from CH since 2003 when I closed my account.  Not a single piece of mail.  6 years later, Ninny came into my life.  What a tire iron could do to her PC and phone setup makes me feel a little warm inside.

PS...the NRA rep named Brian, Unit# 239, offered me a settlement of my $92.01 down to $79.  Since it does not affect my credit, since the collection had not yet been reported to the bureaus, I took the discount.  BUT, Brian told me they could not send me a paid-in-full letter unless I mailed a self-addressed stamped envelope.  Bad practice all around.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2009 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colombia-House-And-National-Recovery-Agency/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17106/Colombia-House-And-National-Recovery-Agency-National-Recovery-Agency-Swindling-cheating-fr-506802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colombia House And National Recovery Agency