Complaint Review: Colon Cleanse for Max Detox

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: Linda — Montpelier Ohio
Colon Cleanse for Max Detox
7565 Commercial Way Henderson, Nevada USA

Colon Cleanse for Max Detox Company offered a "Free Trial" 30 day supply for only $4.95 shipping. Within days charged $89.99 for the free bottle and then cont'd shipping multiple shipments at that same price. Henderson Nevada

In July 2013, I saw online an ad for Max Detox - Colon Cleanse and also for Green Coffee Beans.  Both of them had many claims of folks that used the products together and lost weight.  It said to click to order your Free trial bottle for only $4.95 shipping.  There was not any mention of an $89.99 charge at the time I ordered.  There was tons of pages of "terms and conditions" that I began browsing....and gave up after about 20 pages and then placed my order.  I figured they would provide information for ordering more bottles if I liked the free trial bottle of each item that I could purchase if I so desired.

A week or so later, I received the bottle of Green Coffee Beans.....and then a few days later received a bottle of Max Detox shipped separately.  I began taking the pills after I received both bottles.  Within about 4 days after receipt, I get a box of 4 bottles of Green Coffee Beans with a bill of $148 -- which I had not ordered or asked to be sent.  I was furious as I had not even figured out if I liked taking them or not yet in that 4 day timeframe.....and I had not ordered them.  I called to see if I could return the 4 unopened bottles that arrived and get a refund....and I was told that I had already been charged the $148 and I would be charged a $72 re-stocking fee if I attempted to send them back.  She stated that on page 26 or 39 or something of "Terms and Conditions", it stated that by ordering the first "free" bottle that was not actually free that I would join a membership and receive monthly shipments.  So my only choice was to keep the bottles for $148 or return the unused second shipment of 4 bottles for a $72 re-stocking fee.  This totally disgusted me and I knew I had been take...but I figured I may as well pay the $148 and have something rather than returning them for a $72 re-stocking fee and have nothing.

Now the saga continues.  I hear nothing from Max Detox and receive nothing until this week (which was almost the end of the 30 day trial period)....so I think I am okay from them.  However, this week I get a shipment of 1 bottle in a box of the Max Detox and no bill or information in the box.  So -- I call the company to see what kind of enormous bill they are going to charge me.  They proceed to tell me I can cancel my membership, but I would have to still pay the $89.99 for the first bottle that was supposed to be my free trial and pay the $89.99 for the bottle I received this week that I once again did not order.  I tell them that I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau.  Now she says well you still have to pay the $89.99 for the first "free" bottle since you did not cancel within 15 days of receipt, but you do not have to pay for the second bottle if I return it.  She says it states on their website that you have to cancel in 15 days or you will be charged $89.99 for that free trial bottle and join their membership.  (This is on the website today, but was not on their when I ordered it).

Well now for the one free bottle of Max Detox and the one free bottle of Green Coffee Beans that were each supposed to be free and pay only $4.95 shipping -- I now have been charged $148 + $89.99 and now have cancelled both memberships.  Plus, the information about the trial and membership was originally on page 26 or 39 when I placed my order from the website I ordered from and I missed it.  However, as of today, the Max Detox website states really big right on the front page that it is for only a 15 day trial and you will be charged $89.99 if not cancelled in that timeframe.  That information was not there when I placed my order -- but I don't know how to prove it.

So this was definitely a HUGE farce that cost me $237.99, plus I have to pay to send back the 2nd shipments...and I thought I was trialling something that I only had to pay $4.95 + $4.95 or $9.90 for originally.  A costly lesson for all that companies can toy with you and start charging you phenomenal charges to your credit card without you realizing it.  And, their products do not work from what I can tell.  I have not lost one pound from using their products and I am more hungry than ever before.  So a huge rip-off that I have already seen other reports on.  I hope others will see this and know not to take advantage of these "free" trials from Max Detox or Green Coffee Beans!  And please always read every page of "Terms & Conditions" because if their are 30 or 100 pages of terms, there is probably something buried deep within that they are trying to hide.  Thank You for your time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colon-Cleanse-for-Max-Detox/Henderson-Nevada/Colon-Cleanse-for-Max-Detox-Company-offered-a-Free-Trial-30-day-supply-for-only-495-s-1080312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colon Cleanse for Max Detox