Complaint Review: Colonial Home Waranty

• Submitted: Mon, October 08, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: Ernst — Saratoga California United States of America
Colonial Home Waranty
1000 North West Street, Suite 1200#711 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

Colonial Home Waranty Celebrating 98% Customer Satisfaction? I miss the party. Wilmington, Delaware

I've purchased Colonial Home Warranty in September 2011. In May 2012 I sold my house and moved so I notified Colonial by phone of the address change. The clerk had updated my file and he'd told me that there is 30 day waiting period for the new property.

I contacted Colonial again on October 1st for a broken water heater that was disconnected by PG&E due to internal gas leak. Their phone system was down but I managed to file the claim the next day online. When the plumber called I realized that they still have my old address on file so I phoned their customer service on October 3rd when their phone system started working. The clerk denied that they have any record of my address change. After I asked for the cancellation he suddenly found the address change request and he re-submitted my claim with the new address.

10.4.2012 I was visited by a plumber who had diagnosed the problem and ordered the parts. Next day he came to fix the heater but when he contacted the Colonial he learned that my claim was on hold for manager's review so he couldn't proceed with the repair. I was unable to contact the Colonial as their office was closed for the weekend at noon (that was Friday and they close at 3pm Eastern time but I'm on Pacific time).

On Monday (10.8.2012) when I called again there was a message saying that they are closed until Thursday for the Columbus day. The sudden drop in the outdoor temperature makes me unable to continue trying to find out if Colonial is going to start making any progress on my claim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2012 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colonial-Home-Waranty/Wilmington-Delaware-19801/Colonial-Home-Waranty-Celebrating-98-Customer-Satisfaction-I-miss-the-party-Wilmington-952285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colonial Home Waranty