Complaint Review: Colonial Home Warranty

• Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: misstizzy — Kentucky United States of America
Colonial Home Warranty
Wilmington, DE Internet, Delaware United States of America

Colonial Home Warranty They are SCAM artists who give you the runaround meanwhile RIPPING YOU OFF! Internet, Delaware

I came on board with this company in September 2012. I had a 30-day wait period which supposedly ended in October 2012 since I switched from another company. I filed a claim in November. It is now January 2013. After calling the Better Business Bureau, several long hold times, and one dead end after another, they finally sent a repairman. The repairman spent 2 minutes at my house, charged me $80 and told me that my built in microwave had to be replaced. It took Colonial 4 days to call and say that they would give me a buyout of $143 so I e-mailed their corporate office--there's no way I could replace the machine with that. The bounce-back e-mail states that they have 30 days to respond (on top of the 2 months I've already waited). Corporate came back and said that not only would they not give me additional money to cover the microwave, but they went back and did some review and found that they couldn't give me the $143! They claimed that I made the claim 4 days before I was allowed any replacement appliances. Wow! I would strongly discourage anyone contemplating getting coverage with this company from doing so. I plan on seeking legal counsel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colonial-Home-Warranty/Internet-Delaware-/Colonial-Home-Warranty-They-are-SCAM-artists-who-give-you-the-runaround-meanwhile-RIPPING-1006231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colonial Home Warranty