Complaint Review: Colonial Home Warranty

• Reported By: Karen — Chino California
Colonial Home Warranty
1000 North West Street, Suite 1200#711 Wilmington, Delaware USA

Colonial Home Warranty Scammed by warranty company Wilmington Delaware

I called Colonial Home Warranty to report my pool equipment was not working.  They sent out one of thier contractors and he said the heater needed to be replaced as it was leaking water.  He said he would have work appoved and get back to me.  I received a call from the Warranty company saying I have needed complete maintenance records from a licensed pool contractor for the life of the pool equipment.   My husband has always maintained the pool equipment so they said the warranty was void. Why did they let me purchase that package? I have never had this problem with any other warranty company and I spent the service fee for thier contractor to come out even though they knew the equipment would  not covered.

I also had a bad dishwasher over the warranty period and they said they could not get parts so they would give me the value.  $70.00.   And they still had me pay the $55.00 dollars to the repairman that came out so I recieved $15.00 for the dishwasher.

All i can say is that I have had many warranty companies and this company is a ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colonial-Home-Warranty/Wilmington-Delaware/Colonial-Home-Warranty-Scammed-by-warranty-company-Wilmington-Delaware-1091791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colonial Home Warranty