Complaint Review: Colonial Warranty Group, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 26, 2012

• Reported By: Sincere — Woodbridge Virginia United States of America
Colonial Warranty Group, Inc.
1000 North West Street Internet United States of America

Colonial Warranty Group, Inc. Unethical Sales and Contract Issues Internet

I purchased a home warranty with this company, using a verbal contract. The salesman explained that I had a 30-day waiting period before I could file a claim. Unfortunately, shortly after my 30-day waiting period my oven stopped workings. When I requested service, the contractor who they assigned to my house failed to reach out to me, and I had to notify him to come to my home. In doing so, he diagnosed the problem, and said that he had to check with Colonial for coverage details, when he came out to my home on 24 December 2012. Robert from Colonial Home Warranty called me and said that it was not covered because there was an additional 30-day period that was not explained when I first purchased the contract. When I was transferred to Morris (3764911) to cancel my contract, I was told that I could not have a full refund, because it was after the 30-days of initial purchase. Not only have they failed to explain the 60-day waiting period in full at the time of purchase for the warranty, but they did not fix the problem with my stove. Also, when a written cancellation notification was requested, I was told that the "verbal" cancellation and cancellation number, was all that they provided. Due to their faulty verbal explanations, I requested to speak to a supervisor who could send me a detailed written cancellation notification, and Morris hung up on me. His inability to remain professional and assist, is a direct poor reflection of this company's business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colonial-Warranty-Group-Inc/internet/Colonial-Warranty-Group-Inc-Unethical-Sales-and-Contract-Issues-Internet-987076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colonial Warranty Group, Inc.