Complaint Review: Color Tile

• Submitted: Wed, March 15, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, March 15, 2000

• Reported By:
Color Tile
Barrington Road Streamwood, Illinois U.S.A.

Color Tile in Streamwood, Illinois Ripped Me Off

They installed a Mannington laminated floor for me about 6 months ago. It's warranteed for 15 years but I've had nothing but problems with it. It's warping, some of the planks have tiny holes, and a few of the planks have popped up. There are also open spaces between my walls and the edge of the floor.

I called Color Tile 3 times and they never returned my calls. Then I contacted Mannington who sent out an independent inspector. Mannington says that the floor was installed wrong and that I have to deal with Color Tile.

I sent Color Tile a registered letter 2 weeks ago asking them to respond by mail by 2/29/00 to let me know what they intended to do. They did not respond.

That terrible floor cost me nearly $4,000 and I am single and partially disabled so I can't afford to buy another floor.

This same store is owned by the same person who owns the St. Charles, IL. Color Tile store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Color-Tile/Streamwood-Illinois/Color-Tile-in-Streamwood-Illinois-Ripped-Me-Off-1569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Color Tile