Complaint Review: Colorade River Adventures

• Reported By: RV Addict — Langdon Alberta Canada
Colorade River Adventures
PO Box 1088 Parker Arizona 85344 Parker, Arizona United States of America

Colorade River Adventures CRA Rip Off Artists Extraordinaire! Parker , Arizona

We were "transferred" to CRA from another resort that sold their clients to CRA.   We never chose to become members, but didn't have a choice.  Since becoming members, we have realized what a poorly run outfit CRA is as we used many of their resort locations last year.  Most of their campgrounds are in poor condition, with equipment that is often old and broken or not working properly.  Their level of service is the worst of any resorts we have ever been to, so in the past two years, we have decided that we were not going to use CRA anymore, but we still paid our membership maintenance renewal for 2011 to keep it current.  The fee is $312.00, but accidentally, we sent them a money order for $300.12.  We travelled throughout the winter months and got home last month, to find that they have now invoiced us with an extra 10.00 service fee, because we "shorted them $11.88" in our last payment.
I called and talked with Christina, their manager to find out what these fees were for.  That is when she siad "Read your contract - whenever you don't pay your bill properly, we have the right to charge you $10.00 every quarter for the mistake."  I explained that they could have called us or sent us an email, but they "suddenly" lost our contact information and couldn't call us.  I explained that we just got back and received the invoice and will happily pay her the $11.88, but do not feel that a $10.00 service fee is appropriate.  I asked the name of her manager, which is Debi Crook, but she would not let me talk with Debi.  I asked for an email address, but they will not provide those either.  She finally gave me a fax number to send her a fax instead.
The reality is that these people have no sense of "cooperation" and we have seen this on many occasions when staying in their parks.  They charge fees that 5 Star resorts charge, but they don't deliver 5 star resorts, but they say that they are.  In many parks, it looks like squaters are living there in older units that would probably die if they were towed anywhere.
If you aren't a member now, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.  We just joined Resort Parks International and so far have had great experiences with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2011 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colorade-River-Adventures/Parker-Arizona-85344/Colorade-River-Adventures-CRA-Rip-Off-Artists-Extraordinaire-Parker-Arizona-737343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colorade River Adventures