Complaint Review: Colorado Springs Police Dept.

• Submitted: Mon, July 09, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 09, 2012

• Reported By: thetruth — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Colorado Springs Police Dept.
705 South Nevada Avenue Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Colorado Springs Police Dept. Beware, they are for the bad people!! Colorado Springs, Colorado

We have a drug house in the apt. above us. Being we live below it, we have had to deal with excess noise, traffic ( weird people) in & out all hours of the night, the smell from them cooking & smoking. Tonight my husband ( who just had surgery this morning) was confronted by a tweaker after my husband told him that he couldn't park in the parking lot (it's permit parking only). The guy told my husband to  "f*ck off" & " I'm gonna kick your a** old man". Being my husband was in a lot of pain, he grabbed a baseball bat. The guy went to grab a tire iron from his car, but his girlfriend shoved him in the car & told him to leave.

My husband called the cops, as this was happening & they arrived about 30 mins. after the battery happened. The cops asked us why are we here, after we already explained what happened & why we are worried. They went up to talk to the lady that rents the apt. & even after smelling the meth & watching her tweak out ( scratching her arms & head, picking at her face) they came back down & told my husband they could arrest him.  She told him that we were the ones making noise, having traffic in & out & so on.

She also said she felt threatened by us, even though we have never threatened her ( She has threatened me & my son) We also explained that we had witness' to the noise, the people, my husband being threatened, etc. The cops then informed us it's not illegal to make noise, have "friends" over, park in a permit parking only area. It's also not illegal to make, sell or smoke meth.  So if you have a problem with someone doing something illegal, don't bother calling them, they don't care!! Oh & you are not allowed to protect yourself if you feel threatened or in danger. So sad that they don't care about the good people :(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2012 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colorado-Springs-Police-Dept/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80907/Colorado-Springs-Police-Dept-Beware-they-are-for-the-bad-people-Colorado-Springs-Col-909191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colorado Springs Police Dept.