Complaint Review: Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. For almost three decades, the Denver hair transplant experts at Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute assisted thousands of clients restore their scalp and facial hair. Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute goal is for clients to receive the hair transplant that is most beneficial for them, and their hair back for life.

• Submitted: Wed, September 03, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, May 20, 2016

• Reported By: Aaron — Lindon Utah
9218 Kimmer Drive Suite 107 Lone Tree, Colorado USA

Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute TRUSTED BUSINESS REVIEW: Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute clients feel safe, confident and secure when doing business with Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute. Our commitment to 100% client satisfaction makes us stand out in the industry. Commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program benefiting consumers, ensuring complete satisfaction & confidence when doing business..
*UPDATE: Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Director, Chris McTyre wants all patients to know, that we practice a safe and sterile procedure. [continued below]....
..... And work together with the patient to give he/she the results they expect from our clinic.

Colorado Surgical Center is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Chris Mctyre during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute.

Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute specialize in hair transplant surgery, and other hair transplant services including: natural follicular hair grafting, eyebrow reconstruction, and facial hair reconstruction. Chris McTyre went on to state the following about his company, "our specialty is hair restoration surgery. We just always want to be part of the gold standard, and on the cutting edge."

Leads for Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute are obtained through the information provided on their website. Once a patient has expressed interest in their services they will meet with the highly experience staff to assess the needs of the patient. During this assessment Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute will let the patient know what they can do for them, as well as a detailed explanation of the procedure.

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION COLORADO SURGICAL CENTER

During the onsite interview Mr. McTyre was asked to describe a situation where a patient was not satisfied with the level of service they received. Mr. McTyre expressed that the most common complaint received is wishing that their hair was thicker. During the initial consultation it is always expressed that there may need to be several treatments in order to obtain the amount of hair the patient desires, "we will still do the procedure over one time. No extra fee."

When asked to comment on the complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. McTyre expressed, "we've tried everything to make him happy." A patient from Utah came to Colorado Surgical Center & Hair to have a procedure performed. This patient already had scaring on his head due to a past surgery that was performed in his youth. The procedure was performed with no complications, and the patient went home with the knowledge of how to appropriately take care of the treated area. While the patient was home Necrosis developed on the treated area due to, "improper cleaning." Roughly a year later the patient asked for a refund, and Colorado complied by submitted him a series of checks over three months. Roughly one year after the checks were issued the patient was upset because he could not cash them. This was not due to a lack of funds, but because the checks were not cashed within a timely manner. The doctor who performed the original procedure offered to do another procedure for free but, "he refused all help from both doctors." Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute is accredited through the Better Business Bureau, in addition to staying up on the latest medical advances through attending the International Society of Hair Restorations and Surgeons.

Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute is proud to be a part of Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. Mr. McTyre stated, "It's important to us that potential patients and current patients know that we do stand behind our word...it's important that they know that we do stand behind the work and will work with them to solve these problems."

COLORADO SURGICAL CENTER - TESTIMONIALS

Hey Doc, just wanted you to know my hairline filled in quite nicely. I'd like to thank you and the other surgeons again. I was a bit paranoid at first, sorry about that, but I'm happy with the results. – Brandon

Very happy with my eyebrows after the procedure. No more penciling in! - C.B.

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to thank you for everything. You made it so easy to finally take care of an issue I'd been concerned about for a long time. And you were incredibly kind and helpful with the problems I faced with financing. So again, thank you.- Jacob S.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thanks! To everyone at the Surgical Center & Hair Institute. Thanks to Catherine, Chona, Dr. Boland, and Chris for all your hard work in reconstructing my hair and self-esteem along with it. I really appreciate it, and will direct anyone I talk to that is interested to your clinic. – Turhan

COLORADO SURGICAL CENTER STATEMENTS FROM JAMES BOLAND M.D.

" Dr. Boland wants all new prospective patients to know, that he's always working, studying, researching, etc....to ensure that we give you the cutting edge and all the new technology available, to give you the best hair transplant in the business.

Whether you want your procedure to be FUT, or FUE, unlike other clinics, the price and the quality is the same.

Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute's Every day is a new and creative challenge for us, as no two hairlines are alike! With our love of the job, and experience, we can strive to ensure to make every patient happy. Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this, "The great thing about coming to the Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute, is that you'll see the staff here treats this clinic like it was their own, which leads to great customer service, and surgical results."

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM COLORADO SURGICAL CENTER

Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Chris McTyre, Director, Ripoff Report is convinced that Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute meets Ripoff Report Verified™ standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onsite inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

----------------------------------

Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute, CSCHI, Colorado Hair Institute Miserable Experience and terrible results of hair transplant Lone Tree Colorado

ABOUT THE RIPOFF REPORT BELOW:

Ripoff Report would like to let readers know that Ripoff Report emailed this customer so the member business could make things right with them. When a business joins the Corporate Advocacy Program, Ripoff Report emails everyone from the past so the member business can make things right with them. Of course, everything within reason. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer.

STATEMENT FROM COLORADO SURGICAL CENTER & HAIR INSTITUTE:

We are making sure that each patient knows what to expect after surgery, and the healing process he/she will go through. A hair transplant takes a full year for healing, and for all the hair to grow in. This patient freaked out a week after his procedure. In the first seven days after a procedure, it's never pretty! At the one year mark, if this patient is not happy. He will be offered a free procedure, or his money back.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Two years ago I decided to have my second hair transplantation and found CSCHI online. They said that they had more than 20 years of hair restoration experience and they offered a considerable low price ($2/graft).  Mr. Chris McTyre (owner) told me that my satisfaction was guaranteed. After I talked with Mr. Chris McTyre, I paid the deposit and made an appointment on June 2, 2012.

When I reached the clinic in the morning, Mr. Chris McTyre was not there and a nurse welcomed me. Since the doctor was not there yet, I had more time to chat with the nurses. One of the nurses told me that Dr. Gerald Searle would do the operation for me.  He was the most experienced surgeon at this clinic (they had two surgeons at that time) and he had 1.5 years of hair restoration experience. What?! Their most experienced surgeon only has 1.5 years of experience?   Then, why did they say that they have more than 20 years of hair restoration experience on their website?  Since then I doubt if I made a good choice to visit this clinic and I was considering if I could get my money back if I quit the operation.

After Dr. Gerald Searle arrived, he checked my head and explained the operation to me.  I asked him if he can do a good operation and leave smaller scars than my previous operation. I told him that I want to quit if he can’t guarantee his work.  He said: Sure, absolutely! I guarantee it.

My doubt was clearly evidenced by what happened next. After Dr. Gerald Searle cut the strip out from my back side, he had a huge trouble to close the gap.   I clearly heard the sound of the thread stripping the skin when he tried to tight the thread.  He told the nurse that he needed to add more stitches. I am not sure how many more stitches he added for my operation. I noticed that he tried to cut more tissues out and tight the threads again and again in order to close the gap.   Finally he took more than two hours to finish the operation. They cleaned the blood many times.  I knew my donor area was completely messed up. During my previous operation at another clinic, the doctor only took a few minutes to cut the strip out and closed the gap.

I don’t need to mention that I had to suffer a lot and clean the blood many times on the back side of my head at the night after the operation.  In the next morning a nurse insisted on washing my head, both the donor areas and recipient areas (I really don’t understand why they did this). But the nurse tried to avoid touching the big area which was messed up. After head washing, I noticed there were several grafts of hairs on my face. It was disgusting and I grabbed them away. After I went to home and checked my head again, I noticed more fallen grafts of hairs.

My donor areas kept bleeding and discharging something in the following two months after the operation. The amount was reduced gradually. But I could see some blood/discharge clearly from the towel on my pillow.  The healing process was so slow because the gap along the donor area was not closed well.  In fact, I believe that the gap in some areas was not closed at all because I saw some very thick scabs dropping off from those areas later.  Two weeks after the operation, I went to a local hospital to have the sutures removed. Two female nurses tried to get the sutures out. But they all quit. Finally, they found the most experienced male nurse to finish the job. It took two hours for him to get all the sutures out. After the work, he shook his head and told me that some threads were buried deep in the blood scabs and it was hard for him to find all the threads and get all of them out. The surgeon did a very poor operation.

After the operation, the donor areas formed a deep trench on my head. I can clearly feel it when I stroke my hairs from the top to the bottom.  The donor areas also began to lose hairs.  The situation became worse and worse.  The area which was seriously messed up by the surgeon lost almost all hairs and became bare.  The diameter is more than 2.5 inches. Everyone around me noticed it and kept asking me what was going on. It is so embarrassing for me to explain what happened to everyone again and again. I have to leave long hairs in order to cover this area as much as possible. I frequently wear a deep hat to cover this area. After the operation, I often suffer from serious headaches and I believe my headaches are related to the operation.

One year after the operation, I began to think about correction on the donor area. When I talked with two surgeons who have 20+ years of hair restoration experience, they all told me that they never saw such big scars in their whole lives and the clinic who did such an operation should definitely take all the responsibility.

But so far I didn’t get even one cent compensation from their malpractice.  What did their “gold standard” service give to me?  I didn’t have any obvious improvements on the recipient area even one year after the operation. But they ruined my donor area and I suffer from everlasting embarrassments and headaches. This is what their “gold standard” service gave me!  Did they guarantee anything?

I am a 100% real person. If you need more information about my story or want to give me some suggestions, please send me a message. If any attorney wants to help me sue this company, please contact me.

Email: (((REDACTED for security)))@gmail.com

Thank you for reading my story.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. For almost three decades, the Denver hair transplant experts at Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute assisted thousands of clients restore their scalp and facial hair. Colorado Surgical Center & Hair Institute goal is for clients to receive the hair transplant that is most beneficial for them, and their hair back for life.

I wouldn't go anywhere else.

AUTHOR: Nursecorps - (U.S.A.)

I don't know why this you had the problem you did but suspect there's more to this story than you are willing to share. I have been to this clinic twice in the lat two and a half years and give high praises to the clinic and staff. I too did not stricly follow post op instructions and had less than desired results the first procedure. I went bacl 9 months ago and had a second procedure and followed post op instrutions to the T. I now have a full head of natural looking hair and hairline that you cannot tell I had the procedure and the donar suture scar was done perfect. Sorry your procedure turned out the way it did but I personally think you neglected your post op responsibilties.