Complaint Review: Colorado Technical University Online

• Submitted: Sun, November 11, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, November 11, 2012

• Reported By: Claire — Quakertown Pennsylvania United States of America
Colorado Technical University Online
4435 North Chestnut Street Suite E Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Colorado Technical University Online CTU Online It seems they manipulate personal financial information; and increase tuition payments just as graduation looms near. Colorado Springs, Colorado

When a student commences at CTU Online, the Financial Aid department will gather all information, set up loans - which are mostly unsubsidized loans; and make arrangements for students to cover a portion of the tuition with Visa/Mastercard payments; which then is naturally revised each year with new FAFSA information -etc.  That is all fine and well; what is not sitting well with me is that five days before I was to start my very last class; requests were made for an IRS transcript, W-2s, and other financial information. Two days before my last class; starting October 8th and ending  November 14,2012; and with two payments left of $499.00 - I was charged an additional $2,563.00.  The explanation I was given was never straightforward or clear at all.  My payment plan was drawn up in January 2012; and FAFSA information was submitted March 2012.  I was never contacted by financial aid until October 2012; and was informed then that financial aid documents are reviewed and submitted in June or July. I also requested all payments made by me and from loans to be sent to me - and only my personal Visa payments where.  I also requested that a detailed explanation of what occurred that tuition was increases during my last 5 weeks at this school - and I am still waiting.  I am not sure if this is common place - however it just does not feel right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2012 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colorado-Technical-University-Online/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80907/Colorado-Technical-University-Online-CTU-Online-It-seems-they-manipulate-personal-financia-967679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colorado Technical University Online