tire

• Updated: Fri, September 02, 2011

• Reported By: vcarrera — brooklyn New York USA
Colorado Technical University Online
Internet, Colorado United States of America

Colorado Technical University Online CTU Online Bad Idea- do not enroll with them!!! Internet, Colorado

In January of 2005 I enrolled in CTU online which seemed like a good idea considering I was working full time an dhave children. I wanted a degree and CTU told me I could go at my own pace with the classes which is exactly what I needed. Unfortunately this was untrue as I started logging on only to find out I had missed plenty of assignments that had due dates and online live class sessions which there was no possible way I could do since they were held during my working hours.

They kept failing me which caused me to be billed to retake the class! By October of 2005 I could not do this anymore so I decided to quit which didn't matter because they had "locked" my online classroom stating they did not receive payment. (I received Financial aid and had student loan through direct loan which is now in forebearance under william fords) I told them I was calling to cancel and that was the end to it or so I thought.  I recently went to my local college to attend and i needed my transcript from CTU so when I called they said I could not have it because I owed 5 thousand dollars!! I asked how that was possible and they said FAFSA never went through for the next year. I am confused because i was in the school from January to october and I have proof that FA was being sent, but when I look on CTU paperwork they billed me in December 2005. Why bill me almost 3 months later? Also- I have my FAFSA paperwork for 2005-2006 award and i also called FAFSA and they said there was nothing negative between FAFSA and I and that they didn't understand why I was billed if I was already out of the school.

CTU stated I can work out a payment plan with them but this is not even a possibility right now- because of this and the student loan I am in a hole of 15k, so that means for 8 months of school the total was over 15k because FA was also paid out to them. For that price I could have went to a great school here in the city and avoided all of this chaos.

Since the bill is not in collections(as per CTU) I asked if there were soem type of debt consolidation I can do and the woman sai dno. What else can I do? I need to get this resolved but there is no way i can pay that right now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2011 01:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colorado-Technical-University-Online/Internet-Colorado-/Colorado-Technical-University-Online-CTU-Online-Bad-Idea-do-not-enroll-with-them-Inter-772201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colorado Technical University Online