Complaint Review: Colorado Technical University

• Updated: Thu, June 06, 2013

• Reported By: chatty051 — Bloomington Illinois
Colorado Technical University
4435 N Chestnut St Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

Colorado Technical University Disabled Veteran ripped off Colorado Springs Colorado

As a disabled, U.S. Navy veteran, I am quite upset about this whole process from CTU online.  Had I read all the reviews about this online school, I would never signed up with them.  From one of the reports from your site, I read that one student said that once the Admissions person gets you to sign onto their virtual website that they can officially say a person started classes.  If anyone knows what person can do, who is on disability and cannot afford to hire an attorney about the tactics this school uses to lure people in; please let me know.

After one report I filed online here, the Admissions person contacted me saying that I should not talk to others not associated with the University because it is confusing me.  My family will be highly upset because if this school accesses my bank account in August of this year (2013) for $811 and $811 per month thereafter, I could end up homeless.  All because I wanted to further my education.  If other reports on this site are true, how is it that the Ombudsmen programs and the Attorney General cannot help put a stop to all of this?  No one should be strong-armed into attending any college.  If a student decides to withdrawn, then they should be able to with no strings attached.

Anyone attending college does not need the added stress of financial threats hanging over their heads.  The VRAP program that the President of the United States signed for for those of us veterans who were not injured during our military career, needs to have something added to their paperwork that would help stop these colleges from intimidating prospective students.  We served our country Honorably and we need our government to help facilitate how these type of college programs are run.

My friends and family suggested some things to do about this situation; but if my story helps someone decide to not sign up for this college, then my suffering will have been worth the fight.

Also, I found out that the credits from this college do not transfer other places; well that is a shame because the current school I am attending has accepted almost all of my other credits from other schools.

I also do not know if the college "trolls" this site or not; but no one should have to live in fear of who is calling them after they have told the school to withdraw them.  This is not just some random complaint because I have been happy at other schools.

Thanks and God bless everyone who reads it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colorado-Technical-University/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80907-3896/Colorado-Technical-University-Disabled-Veteran-ripped-off-Colorado-Springs-Colorado-1057054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colorado Technical University