Complaint Review: Colothin

• Reported By: Jennifer — Bronx New York
Colothin
Internet USA

Colothin Scam - Fraudulent/Recurring Charges on Bank Statement  Internet

I signed up with colothin.com for a trial of 7.79 - I was contacted by a representative who had me confirm and recorded my conversation for verification of the order - near the end of the conversation he stated if for an additional $1 I would sign up for a savings book i would receive in the mail.

For both orders he stated I had 30 days in order to cancel from the day of arrival. After less than 14 days I was charged a fee for $69.95 had $1 fee of two seperate "shoppers" programs that also emailed me of my great savings that was a click away and then a few days later another $1 fee from a different company was charged.

I immediately emailed all companies (support@colothin, shoppersadvantage,greatfun, simplysave). I received a response right away from greatfun stating that my membership was cancelled it took two emails and a phone call for the other two to get my membership cancelled and a few days for my refund of $69.95. I was unable to get the refunds for the $1's and I also had to cancel my card and replace it in order to avoid any recurring or new charges from different companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2013 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colothin/internet/Colothin-Scam-FraudulentRecurring-Charges-on-Bank-Statementnbsp-Internet-1072609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colothin