conclusions

• Submitted: Mon, December 01, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 01, 2008

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
Columbia Consumer Research
10 W.T. Center Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Columbia Consumer Research - Mystery Shopper Check Scam Consumer Surevey Specialist Baltimore Maryland

I received a letter with an official check enclosed for $2900. The letter told me I was to be a Mystery Shopper for a Research program in my area. After this training program I would increase my salary to $400 per week for (3) months then $700 after (6)months of working for them.
I was to shop at a local K-Mart, Home Depot, Walmart or Lowes, then evaluate and then go to a Western Union or Money Gram company and evaluate their effectiveness.

this is how it was to be broken down..
1.) probationary training pay $200,
2.)Required Fund to be transferred, $2450.00 to a Benjamin Durant or Spencer Miles.
3.) Service Charges $120,
4.) Funds needed for Shopping $2900.
I was to fill out the enclosed form and fax it to 514-221-2117.

I called the number on the letter, spoke to a guy with a thick accent.when i questioned him about the money tranfer,he was very evasive in answering my questions.
I did some research and found the check was not valid, so beware.

Candie
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2008 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-Consumer-Research/Baltimore-Maryland-21201/Columbia-Consumer-Research-Mystery-Shopper-Check-Scam-Consumer-Surevey-Specialist-Baltim-396631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia Consumer Research