Complaint Review: Columbia DVD Club

• Submitted: Tue, November 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 20, 2007

• Reported By:New Hope Minnesota
Columbia DVD Club
columbiahouse.com Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Columbia DVD Club Send DVD's after they are declined, and after membership cancellation Indianapolis Indiana

When I hadn't ordered enough in their allotted time frame, they simply charged me for two CDs against my credit card. They were in their rights to hold me to their commitment, but it took me 4 months to get the two CDs paid for by this charge. After that, they regularly sent DVDs that I had PROMPTLY declined either online or by mail. Of course I marked them return to sender, and sent them back, but in the meantime, my credit card was charged, and I assume I was paying interest on the false balances. Some time ago, I asked them to cancel my account completely, since I had now more than satisfied the requirements they had stated as needed in order to get the initial "free" CDs. Guess what? Another unordered CD showed up today, and a charge has been posted on my CC account. So, I did what I should have done long ago .... I called the credit card company, and put the amount in dispute. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get them to REALLY stop????

New Hope, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2007 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-DVD-Club/Indianapolis-Indiana/Columbia-DVD-Club-Send-DVDs-after-they-are-declined-and-after-membership-cancellation-In-285826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia DVD Club