Complaint Review: Columbia House DVD Club

• Updated: Mon, September 14, 2009

• Reported By: Jennifer — Port Orchard Washington USA
Columbia House DVD Club
PO Box 91602 Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

Columbia House DVD Club Charged me for items I never recieved and sent account to collections. Indianapolis , Indiana

* : Not illegal.

I got an offer of buy 12 for 1 cent and then buy 10 more within year.  I bought many but was later told that most didn't count as part of the requirements due to sales or whatever.  I was then charged $103 that I ordered for a christmas present but never recieved.  I tried to deal with it but they were rude.  They said that I owed that amount regardless to fullfill my contract.  I said I was NOT paying for something I never recieved.  They said I had to prepay and then they would ship the movies.  I said I was NOT paying for something I haven't received especially when they already tried to charge me for things I didn't recieve.  They have sent the account to collections and it is affecting my credit.  The only negative report on my credit and affects applying for a job/student loans ect.  I tried to file a report with the credit reporting agency and they did nothing.  I don't know what else to do.  This is ridiculous and illegal - ISN"T IT???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2009 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-House-DVD-Club/Indianapolis-Indiana-46291-0616/Columbia-House-DVD-Club-Charged-me-for-items-I-never-recieved-and-sent-account-to-collec-494376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia House DVD Club

#1

Not illegal.

AUTHOR: Elphaba - (USA)

No it is not illegal for them to require pre-payment before shipping dvds to you.